Death Race (R2/UK BD) in February
Universal Pictures have scheduled the UK DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of Death Race on 2nd February 2009. Sentenced to the world's most dangerous prison for a murder he did not commit, Jensen Ames (Jason Statham) has only one chance to get out alive - win the ultimate race to the death. Paul W.S. Anderson directs this film inspired by Death Race 2000.
Available on DVD and Blu-ray Disc, features on the latter are detailed below...
- BD-50 Dual Layer
- Extended Version (111mins)
- 1080P 2.35:1 Widescreen
- English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
- French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese 5.1 DTS Surround
- English SDH, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese and Chinese (Traditional) subtitles
- U-Control: Picture-in-Picture – Access interactive cast and crew interviews and behind-the-scenes footage while you watch the movie
- U-Control: Tech Specs – Get details on the characters, cars and races through this interactive dossier
- BD-Live: My Movie Commentary – Join the Be The Announcer Contest. Show off your sportscasting skills by recording your own race play-by-play video, then watch it on BD-Live. You can also create your own movie commentary.
- BD-Live: My Chat – Chat live with other uses while you watch the movie
- Create Your Own Race – Choose multiple camera angles and create your own death race which you can then share via BD-Live
- Start Your Engines: Making a Death Race – Go on set and explore behind-the-scenes action, from pre and post-production to the casting of Jason Statham (HD)
- Behind the Wheel: Dissecting the Stunts – See how director Paul W.S. Anderson, the stunt crew and the actors pulled off the stunts (HD)
- Commentary with director Paul W.S. Anderson and producer Jeremy Bolt
There is no region coding information on the sleeve. Although not 100% confirmed the mention of a second disc on the sleeve combined with retailer listings would suggest there is also a digital copy of the film included in standard definition.
DVD features are TBC, but we do know there will be both single-disc and 2-Disc Collector’s Edition versions. Most retailers are advertising the latter as offering a second disc with a digital copy of the film.
Last updated: 06/07/2018 18:55:13