Saw V (R1/US BD) in January
Lionsgate Home Entertainment have announced the US DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of Saw V on 20th January 2009. In the fifth installment, Detective Hoffman (Costas Mandylor) is seemingly the last person alive to carry on the Jigsaw legacy. However, when his secret is threatened, Hoffman must go on the hunt to eliminate all loose ends.
The film is available on Unrated DVD ($29.95 SRP) and Blu-ray Disc ($39.99 SRP), each offering the director’s cut of the film and plenty of extras. The Blu-ray Disc also features Lionsgate’s MoLog BD Live feature for you to blog with text and graphics while you watch the film and a standard-definition digital copy of the feature film for iPod, MAC, PC or other compatible player. There is also a Unrated DVD Limited Edition Collector’s Box ($39.98 SRP) that features a spinning saw blade as part of the packaging along with a voice chip that creates “Jigsaw” voice and saw sound effects when activated. The Collector’s Box also includes a picture booklet with a letter from director David Hackl. Last of all is a Full Screen Rated DVD ($29.95 SRP).
DVD (Rated Full Screen) - The original theatrical cut (94mins) presented in Full Screen with English DD5.1 EX Surround audio, English and Spanish subtitles and the theatrical trailer.
DVD (Unrated Widescreen)
- Unrated Director’s Cut (96mins)
- 1.78:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- English DD5.1 EX Surround
- English and Spanish subtitles
- Audio Commentary with Director David Hackl and First Assistant Director Steve Webb
- Audio Commentary with Producers Mark Burg and Oren Koules and Executive Producers Peter Block and Jason Constantine
- “The Pendulum Trap” featurette
- “The Cube Trap” featurette
- “The Coffin Trap” featurette
- “The Fatal Five” featurette
- “Slicing the Cube: Editing the Cube Trap” featurette
- Theatrical Trailer
Blu-ray (Unrated) - Includes the Unrated Director’s Cut presented in 1080P 1.78:1 Widescreen with English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, English and Spanish subtitles and all of the extras found on the Unrated DVD. You also get the MoLog BD Live feature and a standard definition digital copy of the feature film on a second disc. Region coding is TBC.
Last updated: 18/04/2018 21:25:32