Walt Disney Treasures Wave VIII in November
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Walt Disney Treasures Wave VIII on 11th November 2008. The eighth wave of the popular Walt Disney Treasures series comprises of three individually numbered Limited Edition Two-Disc DVD sets complete with Authenticity Certificate and Collectible Lithograph in unique packaging tins. Priced at $32.99 SRP each, there are just 39,500 units of each title being produced.
The Chronological Donald, Volume Four stars the short-tempered but hilarious Donald Duck in 31 films dating from 1951 through 1961 and presented for the first time on DVD in the original widescreen format. The final volume of the sputtering superstar’s collected shorts, “The Chronological Donald, Volume Four” includes “Working for Peanuts,” Donald’s 1954 foray into 3D animation. Exclusive bonus features include:
- Donald Goes To Press – A retrospective look at Donald’s prolific career in comic books.
- The Unseen Donald Duck: Trouble Shooters - Storyboards for an unproduced Donald Duck cartoon pitched by famed Disney animator, Eric Goldberg.
- Audio Commentary by Leonard Maltin and Jerry Beck
The Mickey Mouse Club Presents: Annette stars Annette Funicello, Disney’s most beloved Mouseketeer, in an original 20-episode serial on DVD for the 50th anniversary of the serial’s conclusion. Adorable Annette plays a spunky country orphan who has to make big adjustments when she is sent to live with her sophisticated city cousins. Devoted Mickey Mouse Club fans will be delighted to see Tim Considine and David Stollery of Spin and Marty in supporting roles. The DVD includes the following bonus features:
- Musically Yours, Annette – From a 1992 interview, Annette recalls her career as a recording star and her years on “The Mickey Mouse Club.” This mini documentary also includes interviews with Annette’s fellow teen idols Paul Anka, Frankie Avalon and Fabian.
- To Annette, With Love - A newly produced tribute to everyone’s favourite Mouseketeer.
- The Mickey Mouse Club – The first and last episodes of the popular television program
Based on the popular series of three novels, Dr. Syn: The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh tells the story of a mild-mannered parson by day who becomes the Scarecrow, an anonymous champion of the oppressed by night. All three original TV episodes of this Wonderful World of Disney miniseries are presented for the first time ever in widescreen format, with an all-new digital restoration 5.1 audio mix as well as the original restored mono track. The DVD also includes the theatrical film version, released exclusively in England.
Bonus features include:
- Dr. Syn: The History of the Legend – A look at the evolution of the legend of Dr. Syn from his literary origins to the Walt Disney film version.
- Walt Disney: From Burbank To London – A featurette about the first satellite studio established by Walt Disney in the 1950s in England.
- Walt Disney TV Introductions in Widescreen
Noted film historian, author, and critic Leonard Maltin provides exclusive commentary for the series.
We have some video clips below followed by the cover-art...
Paying the Piper (Mickey Mouse Club bonus)
Trouble Shooter (Chronological Donald bonus)
Disc 1 Intro (Dr. Syn bonus)
Herse Pierce (Dr. Syn bonus)
Don’s Fountain of Youth (Chronological Donald film)
Last updated: 25/06/2018 03:44:11