Wall-E (US BD) in November - Features revealed
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of Wall-E on 18th November 2008. In Pixar’s latest, Wall-E’s lonely days as the last functioning robot on Earth are interrupted with the arrival of EVE. When Wall-E inadvertently stumbles on the key to the planet's future, EVE must report her findings to the humans.
Wall-E is available in two-disc ($35.99 SRP) and three-disc ($40.99 SRP) Blu-ray Disc editions. Both feature the film, the all-new animated short film BURN•E, all of the DVD extras and numerous BD exclusives. The only difference between the two and three-disc editions is an added digital copy disc on the latter.
Blu-ray exclusive extras include:
- Cine-Explore – A fascinating viewing option in which filmmakers comment on WALL•E, accompanied by behind-the-scenes visuals, in sync with the movie.
- Geek Track – An additional commentary full of obscure references, little known trivia and lively sci-fi discussion, this pop-up silhouette in-movie feature gives viewers a peek inside the minds of some of the more passionate geeks at Pixar.
- The Axiom Arcade – A retro suite of video games with a WALL•E twist, including EVE’s Bot Blaster, WALL•E’s Dodge & Dock, M-O’s Mop-Up Madness and BURN•E’s Break Through.
- 3D Set Fly-Throughs – Cut-away illustrations of the Axiom and Earth sets provides viewer access to HD set fly throughs from ten of the film’s most detailed locations.
- Disney BD-Live Network – Disney’s BD-Live Network is just one of the many ways U.S. movie lovers, families and loved ones can continue to stay connected and engage in their favourite movies.
- Movie Chat – Communicate with your friends on-screen using any text-enabled device such as a laptop, desktop or PDA device such as a Blackberry, iPhone or most other cell phones. Your chat session will appear over the movie and occur in real-time while watching the movie together.
- Movie Mail – Blu-ray owners will be able to record a personalized video message of themselves, superimpose that capture into a pre-selected clip of the movie, and send it off to a friend, colleague or relative. This specific feature enables the WALL•E Blu-ray Disc owner to personalize a very special greeting as never before.
- Movie Challenge – Users will be able to test their skills against online players in a synchronized, real-time, online trivia game while watching WALL•E. There is always a Movie Challenge game in progress to join, regardless of the time of day.
- Disney Movie Rewards Live – WALL•E Blu-ray owners will be able to accumulate reward points by participating in any Disney BD-Live Network activity. In return, viewers can redeem points for exclusive content such as ringtones, avatars, previews of upcoming movie trailers, downloadable extras and many more exciting possibilities.
Extras from the DVD editions include:
- Presto – The Pixar Animation Studios original theatrical short that accompanied the WALL•E theatrical release, about a star magician’s ego that provokes some clever revenge from his neglected rabbit co-star.
- BURN•E – New animated short that tells the story of a stalwart repair robot by the same name who is determined to do his job, but is foiled at every turn by WALL•E's adventures aboard the Axiom.
- Animation Sound Design: Building Worlds from The Sound Up – Ben Burtt, the acclaimed Oscar-winning sound designer, introduces viewers to the art of sound design using examples from WALL•E and historic footage of the early Disney sound effects masters at work.
- Audio Commentary by WALL•E director Andrew Stanton.
- Robots – Find out everything about the film’s robot heroes, including hilarious web vignettes, the names and functions of all of WALL•E’s malfunctioning misfit robot friends and an interactive storybook packed with kid-friendly challenges.
- Behind the Scenes – Six exclusive featurettes give fans an insider’s view of the making of WALL•E, including the film’s visual design, character development and musical score, plus the story behind the special effects challenges and a look at building the robot characters that populate the film.
- Buy n Large Shorts – Straight from the BnL archives, five revealing short films provide insight into the inner workings of the company, from its humble beginnings to the intergalactic plan that launched EVE into space. Learn how to operate the Axiom, find out about the company’s line of “robots ‘for every need’” and hear the story behind the Earth Exit Plan.
- The Pixar Story, A Documentary by Leslie Iwerks – The first in-depth look at the most influential animation studio of its time, The Pixar Story goes behind the scenes of the groundbreaking company that pioneered a new generation of animated feature films. Academy and Emmy Award-nominated director Leslie Iwerks uses never-before-seen footage from the Pixar library, along with historic archival animation and first hand accounts by animators, studio executives, directors, producers and voice performers to chronicle the remarkable company that revolutionized an industry.
- Early WALL•E Development Test
- Deleted Scenes, Easter Eggs and more…
Last updated: 01/07/2018 07:12:04