Wall-E (R1) in November - Features revealed
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Wall-E on 18th November 2008. In Pixar’s latest, Wall-E’s lonely days as the last functioning robot on Earth are interrupted with the arrival of EVE. When Wall-E inadvertently stumbles on the key to the planet's future, EVE must report her findings to the humans.
Wall-E is available in single-disc ($29.99 SRP) and three-disc ($39.99 SRP) editions. There is also a Canada only two-disc edition priced at $41.99 SRP (Canadian Dollars). All feature the film and numerous extras including an all-new animated short film BURN•E, the story of a stalwart repair robot by the same name who is determined to do his job, but is foiled at every turn by WALL•E's adventures aboard the Axiom.
Features are detailed below…
- Presto – The Pixar Animation Studios original theatrical short that accompanied the WALL•E theatrical release, about a star magician’s ego that provokes some clever revenge from his neglected rabbit co-star.
- BURN•E – New Animated Short
- Animation Sound Design: Building Worlds from The Sound Up – Ben Burtt, the acclaimed Oscar-winning sound designer, introduces viewers to the art of sound design using examples from WALL•E and historic footage of the early Disney sound effects masters at work.
- Audio Commentary by WALL•E director Andrew Stanton.
- Deleted Scenes, Easter Eggs and more…
Two-Disc DVD (Canadian French Only) includes all of the above plus:
- Robots – Find out everything about the film’s robot heroes, including hilarious web vignettes, the names and functions of all of WALL•E’s malfunctioning misfit robot friends and an interactive storybook packed with kid-friendly challenges.
- Behind the Scenes – Six exclusive featurettes give fans an insider’s view of the making of WALL•E, including the film’s visual design, character development and musical score, plus the story behind the special effects challenges and a look at building the robot characters that populate the film.
- Buy n Large Shorts – Straight from the BnL archives, five revealing short films provide insight into the inner workings of the company, from its humble beginnings to the intergalactic plan that launched EVE into space. Learn how to operate the Axiom, find out about the company’s line of “robots ‘for every need’” and hear the story behind the Earth Exit Plan.
- The Pixar Story, A Documentary by Leslie Iwerks – The first in-depth look at the most influential animation studio of its time, The Pixar Story goes behind the scenes of the groundbreaking company that pioneered a new generation of animated feature films. Academy and Emmy Award-nominated director Leslie Iwerks uses never-before-seen footage from the Pixar library, along with historic archival animation and first hand accounts by animators, studio executives, directors, producers and voice performers to chronicle the remarkable company that revolutionized an industry.
- Early WALL•E Development Test
3-Disc DVD includes all of the above, plus:
- ”DisneyFile” Digital Copy – A digital copy of the film in your choice of iTunes and Windows Media formats.
Last updated: 28/04/2018 12:24:54