Pineapple Express (US BD) in January - Artwork added
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of Pineapple Express on 6th January 2009 priced at $39.95 SRP. The latest comedy from producer Judd Apatow follows a pair of druggie losers as they reach the top of the hit-list when one witnesses a mob murder and drags his buddy into a crazy flight from mobsters bent on silencing both of them permanently. The film stars Seth Rogen who penned the screenplay alongside Evan Goldberg from a story they concocted with Apatow. Also starring are James Franco, Danny McBride, Rosie Perez and Gary Cole. The film is directed by David Gordon Green.
The Blu-ray Disc includes both the theatrical (112mins) and unrated (117mins) cuts of the film, all of the extras from the DVD releases (presented in a mix of SD and HD), and an exclusive extra. Coded for all regions (A, B and C), features include:
- 1080P 2.40:1 Widescreen
- English and French 5.1 Dolby TrueHD
- Spanish, Portuguese and Thai 5.1 Dolby Digital
- Subtitles (Main Feature): English, English SDH, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Indonesian
- Subtitles (Extra Features): Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, Thai
- “Ride the Express” Game (BD Exclusive)
- Commentary with Filmmakers and Cast, including Director David Gordon Green, Seth Rogen, Judd Apatow, Craig Robinson, Danny McBride, Ed Begley Jr., and Rosie Perez
- Extended and Alternate Scenes
- Gag Reel
- “The Making-of Pineapple Express” Featurette
- Cast and crew making-of featurette
- The Action of Pineapple Express
Seth Rogen, James Franco & Director David Gordon Green discuss adding the element of hard-core action into the comedy genre, including a behind-the-scenes look at several stunts.
- Phone Booth
Before the role of Angie was cast, Judd Apatow played the part off camera. This piece shows the phone booth scenes that made the movie, and the voice that was really behind those phone calls.
Back-to-back shots of the actors’ different delivery of certain lines from the film, featuring Seth Rogen, James Franco and Craig Robinson.
A Blooper reel featuring David Gordon Green directing and taunting the cast from behind the camera featuring Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Gary Cole, Rosie Perez and Craig Robinson
- Item 9 Experiments
Alternate Footage featuring smoking experiments on various characters and their reactions to smoking the top secret government "Item 9" weed.
- Saul's Apartment
Random characters from the film meet up and share hilarious moments in Saul’s (James Franco) apartment and get stoned.
- Raw Footage
Unedited raw footage for the following scenes: Cross Joint, My Cat’s Birthday, Tit Butter and Dinner’s gonna be cold tonight.
- Ed Begley Jr. discusses his endorsement of non-toxic cleaning products called “Begley's Best” and shows us how he fulfills customer orders.
- Red and Jessica’s Guide to Marriage
Red & his wife Jessica give special tips on how to make a marriage work.
- Injury Report
The cast discuss the many injuries they have sustained during the shoot. Includes behind-the-scenes footage, featuring Seth Rogen and James Franco and compete for who got hurt the most.
- Stuntmaster Ken
Ken Jeong gives us a behind-the-scenes look at the stunts from the film.
- Rehearsal Footage
Footage of James Franco and Seth Rogen rehearsing scenes for the movie.
- First Table Read
Footage from the very first table read of Pineapple Express before filming begins.
- Comic-Con Panel
Excerpts from the Comic-Con panel. Filmmakers and Cast answer questions from “random” audience members. Questions are really being asked by staged comedians.
- Red-band theatrical trailer
- Digital Copy of the movie for playback on PC, PSP™ and iTunes
Last updated: 26/06/2018 23:43:50