Wanted (UK BD) in December - Specs added
Universal Pictures have announced the UK Blu-ray Disc release of Wanted on 1st December 2008. Timur Bekmambetov’s first American feature is this slick action thriller starring James McAvoy and Angelina Jolie.
The UK Blu-ray Disc arrives 6 weeks after the UK DVD release but the wait is surely worth it, with all of the extras that were missing from the DVD release present and accounted for here. Features include:
- BD-50 Dual Layer
- 1080P 2.35:1 Widescreen
- English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
- French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese 5.1 DTS Surround
- English SDH, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Dutch, Norwegian, Portuguese and Chinese (Traditional) subtitles
- U-Control Features:
- Wanted: Motion Comics: See how the graphic novel compares to the movie in this real-time, side-by-side BD exclusive
- Scene Explorer: Explore the onscreen action from up to three different perspectives in this multi-angle feature.
- Assassins Profile: Get the high-tech low-down on each assassin's strengths, weapons, and position with your own in-movie surveillance system.
- Picture in Picture: Access cast and crew interviews and behind-the-scenes moments while you watch the film.
- BD-Live Features:
- My Chat, My Wanted Commentary & My Scenes Sharing – Chat, comment on the film and share your favourite scenes with other users while you are watching the film
- BD-Live Exclusive Content:
- Behind the Scenes Vignettes
- Additional Features:
- Alternate Opening
- Extended Scene
- Cast and Characters
- Stunts on the L Train
- Special Effects: The Art of the Impossible
- Groundbreaking Visual Effects: From Imagination to Execution
- The Origins of Wanted: Bringing the Graphic Novel to Life
- Through the Eyes of Visionary Director Timur Bekmambetov
- Wanted: Motion Comics
- The Making of Wanted: The Game
- 8 Videogame Codes
The extras have a listed running tim of 2hrs 52mins. There is no region coding information on the cover, suggesting the disc is region free.