Wanted (US BD) in December
Universal Studios Home Video have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of Wanted on 2nd December 2008. Timur Bekmambetov’s first American feature is this slick action thriller starring James McAvoy and Angelina Jolie.
Wanted is available on Blu-ray Disc in Special Edition ($39.98 SRP) and Collector’s Edition ($69.98 SRP) versions. Both will include a Digital Copy of the film ‘for a limited time only’.
Disc content on both versions is the same, with all of the DVD extras (with the small exception of “The Little Things” Music Video Mash-Up) carried over and presented in HD. There are also some Blu-ray exclusives including U-Control, BD-Live features and an alternate opening for the film.
- BD-50 Dual Layer
- 1080P Widescreen
- English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
- French and Spanish 5.1 DTS Surround
- English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles
Blu-ray Exclusive Extras:
- Alternate Opening – View this exclusive alternate opening, only on Blu-ray Hi-Def.
- Exclusive U-Control: Universal’s exclusive signature feature U-Control allows viewers to delve into the making of the film with the click of the remote without ever leaving the movie.
- Wanted: Motion Comics: See how the graphic novel compares to the movie in this real-time, side-by-side BD exclusive.
- Scene Explorer: Explore the onscreen action from up to three different perspectives in this multi-angle feature.
- Assassins Profile: Get the high-tech low-down on each assassin's strengths, weapons, and position with your own in-movie surveillance system.
- Picture in Picture: Access cast and crew interviews and behind-the-scenes moments while you watch the film.
- BD-Live – The new technology that allows viewers to connect to the Internet and access new exciting exclusive online and interactive features.
- My Chat: Using your internet-connected player, host a text chat with your friends who also own Wanted on Blu-ray™ Hi-Def while you watch the movie in synchronization!
- My Wanted Commentary: Connect and Create. Ever wish you could create your own play-by-play movie commentary to share with friends? Here's your chance.
DVD Extras presented in HD:
- Extended Scene – Be the first to view this killer extended scene from Wanted.
- Cast and Characters – Go behind the scenes with Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Thomas Kretschmann and Common as they discuss their roles in the film and their experiences on set.
- Stunts on the L Train – Stunt coordinators Nick Gillard and Mic Rodgers explain how cast members Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy performed the astounding elevated train stunt sequence.
- Special Effects: The Art of the Impossible – Special effects supervisor Dominic Tuohy explains how his team pulled off the stunning special effects throughout the film and how Angelina Jolie contributed to the action.
- Groundbreaking Visual Effects: From Imagination to Execution – A look at how the spectacular visual effects in the film were pre-visualized and executed.
- The Origins of Wanted: Bringing the Graphic Novel to Life – Creator Mark Millar, producer Marc Platt, director Timur Bekmambetov and screenwriters Michael Brandt, Derek Haas and Chris Morgan discuss the original graphic novel and the process of adapting it for the big screen.
- Through the Eyes of Visionary Director Timur Bekmambetov – A video portrait of director Timur Bekmambetov, featuring interviews with Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Common, producer Marc Platt and the director himself.
- Wanted: Motion Comics – Watch as the graphic novel comes to life on screen with narration and sound effects.
- The Making of Wanted: The Game
Collector’s Edition Gift Set: As above but in collectible packaging pierced with a bullet, creating a shattering effect to the outer case. Also included is a photo book of assassins, collectible postcards and acrylic frame motion 3-D film cell.
Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge
Last updated: 12/05/2018 07:59:23