The Dark Knight (R1) in December - Updated
Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of The Dark Knight on 9th December 2008. The follow-up to Batman Begins, The Dark Knight reunites director Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale, who reprises the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne in his continuing war on crime. With the help of Lt. Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to destroy organized crime in Gotham for good. The triumvirate proves effective, but soon find themselves prey to a rising criminal mastermind known as The Joker, who thrusts Gotham into anarchy and forces Batman closer to crossing the fine line between hero and vigilante. Heath Ledger stars as archvillain The Joker, and Aaron Eckhart plays Dent. Maggie Gyllenhaal joins the cast as Rachel Dawes. Returning from Batman Begins are Gary Oldman as Gordon, Michael Caine as Alfred and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox.
Available in barebones single-disc (Widescreen or Full Screen, $28.98 SRP) and special edition two-disc (Widescreen, $34.99 SRP) versions, features are detailed below...
Single-Disc Editions: Separate widescreen and full screen versions with English, French and Spanish DD5.1 Surround audio and subtitle options. There are no extras.
Two-Disc Special Edition: Widescreen presentation with the following extras on a bonus disc:
- Gotham Uncovered – How Christopher Nolan and his team developed the new Bat-suit and Bat-pod and composer Hans Zimmer musically characterized The Joker’s reign of chaos
- The Dark Knight IMAX® Scenes - View these 6 action-packed sequences - shot on the largest format possible - in their original IMAX framing, just as they were intended
- Gotham Tonight - 6 episodes of Gotham Cable’s premier news program
- The Galleries: Poster art and production stills
- Digital Copy of the Feature Film
Last updated: 18/04/2018 22:04:36