The Incredible Hulk (US BD) in October
Universal Studios Home Video
have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of The Incredible Hulk on 21st October 2008 priced at $39.98 SRP. Edward Norton stars as Bruce Banner in director Louis Leterrier’s take on the Hulk. The film also stars Liv Tyler, Tim Roth and William Hurt.
A two-disc set, the movie and extras are contained on a dual-layer BD50 while the second disc – a single-layer DVD – holds a digital copy of the film.
Universal have so far not used region coding on their Blu-ray Disc titles and we expect this trend to continue, though officially no region coding information has been supplied.
Features on the Blu-ray include:
- 1080P Widescreen
- English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
- French and Spanish 5.1 DTS Surround
- English DD2.0 Stereo
- English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles
- U Control - Thunderbolt Files - Explore the top-secret files of the forces hunting The Hulk with this interactive feature that takes you deeper into the movie – without ever leaving the film.
- U Control - Scene Explorer - Discover the secrets behind the special effects! Explore all the individual layers that go into an effects-intensive scene with this unique Blu-ray feature.
- U Control - Comic Book Gallery - Enjoy a Hi-Def experience of the classic comic book images that inspired key shots in the movie.
- U Control - Animated Comic
- U Control - Picture in Picture
- Alternate Opening
- Deleted Scenes
- The Making of The Incredible Hulk - An in-depth look at the making of the blockbuster film, featuring interviews with Edward Norton, director Louis Leterrier, and producers Avi Arad, Kevin Feige and Gale Anne Hurd and the entire cast and crew. The documentary covers the film’s innovative take on the character, look and storyline, as well as the casting process, production and profile of director Louis Leterrier.
- Becoming The Hulk - This featurette focuses on Edward Norton’s approach to the iconic role and the incredible visual effects employed by award®-winning studio Rhythm & Hues to create the character on screen.
- Becoming The Abomination - From the first motion-capture session to the visual effects at Rhythm & Hues, viewers go behind the scenes with actor Tim Roth and watch as he transforms both his mind and body into the super villain known as The Abomination.
- Anatomy of a Hulk Out - Behind-the-scenes looks at three of the movie’s most exciting action sequences:
- Hulking Out in the Bottling Plant – Go inside the first action sequence of the film where both viewers and the army are given a glimpse of the Hulk to come.
- Hulking Out on Campus – A behind-the-scenes look at the creation of a Hulk action sequence, featuring airplanes, guns, and even a sound machine.
- Hulking Out in Harlem – From pre-visualization animatics to visual effects, this featurette shows how filmmakers created one of the largest action sequences in Marvel film history.
- From Comic Book to Screen - See the incredible comic books come to life courtesy of narration, sound effects and “living” panels of action.
- Feature Commentary with Director Louis Leterrier and Tim Roth
- BD Live - My Chat - Just plug your player into your Internet connection and connect to BD-Live to chat with friends while watching the movie and conduct your very own private screening discussions.
- BD Live - My Scenes Sharing - Share your favorite clips with your buddies through the BD Live Internet connection
- BD Live - Exclusive Content