The Forbidden Kingdom (R1) in September
Lionsgate Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of The Forbidden Kingdom on 9th September 2008. Directed by Rob Minkoff (The Haunted Mansion), written by John Fusco (Hidalgo) and choreographed by Yuen Woo-Ping, The Forbidden Kingdom is a fantasy martial arts adventure starring Jackie Chan and Jet Li. In the film a discovery made by a kung fu obsessed American teen (Michael Angarano) sends him on an adventure to China, where he joins up with a band of martial arts warriors in order to free the imprisoned Monkey King.
Available in barebones single-disc ($29.95 SRP) and Special Edition two-disc ($34.98 SRP) versions, features are detailed below...
Single-Disc Edition: A barebones disc offering Widescreen and Full Screen presentations with English DD2.0 and DD5.1 Surround audio and English and Spanish subtitles.
Two-Disc Special Edition: Disc 1 features the film in widescreen plus extras, while Disc 2 holds a Digital Copy. Features include:
- Anamorphic Widescreen
- English DD2.0 and DD5.1 EX
- English and Spanish subtitles
- Audio commentary with director Rob Minkoff and writer John Fusco
- “The Kung Fu Dream Team” featurette
- “:Dangerous Beauty” featurette
- “Discovering China” featurette
- “Filming in Chinawood” featurette
- “Monkey King and The Eight Immortals” featurette
- Blooper Reel
- Deleted scenes with audio commentary by Rob Minkoff and John Fusco
- Pre-Visualization featurette – takes the viewer from the storyboards through pre-production animation footage to the final finished look for selected scenes throughout the film, accompanied by commentary from Rob Minkoff
- Digital Copy on Disc 2
Last updated: 18/04/2018 22:47:24