I'm Not There (R2) in July
Paramount Home Entertainment have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of I’m Not There on 14th July 2008 priced at £19.99. Director Todd Haynes delivers this experimental and unconventional journey into the life and times of Bob Dylan. A cast that includes Richard Gere, Christian Bale, the late Heath Ledger and Cate Blanchett portray the six distinct stages of Dylan’s life as a series of shifting personae – from the public to the private to the fantastical – weaving together a rich and colourful portrait of this American icon.
The soundtrack that accompanies Todd Haynes' biopic of the folk icon includes the likes of Sonic Youth, Cat Power, Yo La Tengo, The Hold Steady, and Antony & The Johnsons as well as former Pavement front man Stephen Malkmus. Sufjan Stevens also lends his typically baroque touch to "Ring Them Bells." The soundtrack also features a previously unreleased Dylan recording of the title track “I’m Not There”.
The DVD includes over one hour of special features, including a tribute to the late Heath Ledger, a conversation with the director and a look at the making of the soundtrack. Features include:
- 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- English DD5.1 Surround
- English subtitles (Film & all Extras)
- Introduction to the Film
- Commentary by director/co-writer Todd Haynes
- A Conversation with Todd Haynes (40:50mins)
- Making the Soundtrack (20:15mins)
- A Tribute to Heath Ledger (3:09mins)
- Dylanography (Character Galleries, Discography, Bibliography and Chronolgy)