Transformers (US BD) in September
Paramount Home Entertainment
have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of Transformers on 2nd September 2008. The first live-action film based on the enduringly popular “robots in disguise”, Transformers is directed by Michael Bay and stars Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Jon Voight and John Turturro.
Some quotes from the press release...
“I've been waiting for TRANSFORMERS to be released on Blu-ray for a long time, and it was worth the wait,” said director Michael Bay. “This is the complete high-definition package for fans of this film - it looks stunning and really allows you to engage with this movie in new ways. Remember, I told everyone Blu-ray is the best."
“TRANSFORMERS really delivers on all of the promises of the Blu-ray technology and we’re happy to finally bring Michael Bay’s true vision to life with this release,” said Rob Moore, Vice Chairman, Paramount Pictures. “Because of Blu-ray’s expanded capacity we are able to elevate the bit rate used for the picture as well as present uncompressed audio in the form of Dolby True HD.”
This hotly anticipated Blu-ray release arrives as a two-disc set with all of the disc-based content from the HD DVD release intact, plus you get lossless audio. BD-Live (Web) features are to be determined.
Disc 1: Main Feature
- 1080P Widescreen
- English 5.1 Dolby True HD
- French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
- English, English SDH, French, Portuguese and Spanish subtitles
- Commentary by Michael Bay
- TRANSFORMERS H.U.D. (Heads Up Display)--In this mode, viewers can access running text-based behind-the-scenes background information on the production during the feature. Users can also watch relevant picture-in-picture b-roll and video with Bay, Spielberg and other filmmakers during select sequences.
- BD-Live Features:
- TRANSFORMERS Intelligence Mode
- TRANSFORMERS Profiler
Disc 2: Extra Features
- Our World
- The Story Sparks - Steven Spielberg discusses his love for the franchise and early concept art for the film. Explores how the writers adapted the cartoon into a live-action movie and why Michael Bay is the perfect director for the film.
- Human Allies - A look at how the actors were selected and their experiences on the set.
- I Fight Giant Robots - An exploration of the military training that Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson underwent for their roles and the various stunts that the actors were asked to perform.
- Battleground - A piece on the senior officials from the Department of Defense and Air Force who consulted on the film to give it authenticity and the key locations that the U.S. government provided access to.
- Their War
- Rise of the Robots - Explores the interaction between Hasbro designers and Michael Bay to bring the toy line roaring to life.
- AUTOBOTS Roll Out - Michael Bay discusses working with Chevy and its designers and the modifications that were made to the cars seen in the film.
- DECEPTICONS Strike - The film's military advisors discuss the "toys" they allowed the production to borrow: F-22 Raptors, Ospreys and A-10 Warthogs.
- Inside the AllSpark - ILM's digital artists discuss the challenges of bringing the TRANSFORMERS to life.
- TRANSFORMERS Tech Inspector - Gives viewers an unprecedented look at the TRANSFORMERS robots through the exquisitely detailed models created by ILM artists. Users can zoom in on each detail for a closer examination and pause and change the rotation of the models.
- More Than Meets The Eye
- From Script to Sand: The SKORPONOK Desert Attack - An in-depth look at the making of this particularly epic and challenging scene from initial storyboarding through production and visual effects.
- Concepts - Early sketch concepts of the robots.
- Easter Eggs x4
All extras are in HD.