Starship Troopers 3 & Trilogy Box-Set (US BD) in August
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
have announced the US Region A Blu-ray Disc release of Starship Troopers 3: Marauder on 5th August 2008 priced at $38.96 SRP. Casper Van Dien is back as Johnny Rico in this straight-to-video continuation of the Starship Troopers franchise.
The war against the Bugs continue! A Federation starship crash-lands on the distant alien planet OM-1, stranding beloved leader Sky Marshal Anoke and several others, including comely but tough pilot Lola Beck. It's up to Colonel Johnny Rico, reluctant hero of the original Bug Invasion on Planet P, to lead a team of Troopers on a daring rescue mission.
Arriving day-and-date and coded for Region A, the disc is BD Live enabled and the extras are presented in a mixture of standard and high definition. Features include:
- 1080P 1.85:1 Widescreen
- English Dolby True HD 5.1
- French, Spanish, Portuguese and Thai DD5.1 Surround
- Subtitles (Main Feature): English, English SDH, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Korean, Thai, Indonesian
- Subtitles (Extra Features): Spanish, Korean, Portuguese
- Marauder Mode - Picture in Picture featuring pop-up video segments that reveal new information about the characters, special effects, war gear and story
- BD Live – Download exclusive content and previews
- Filmmaker’s Commentary
- Director & Cast Commentary with writer/director Ed Neumeier and actors Casper Van Dien and Jolene Blalock
- ”Evolution: The Bugs of Starship Troopers 3: Marauder” Featurette
- ”Enlist: Marauder’s Mobile Infantry” Featurette
- Music Video: "It's a Good Day to Die" (Extended Version)
Arriving the same day as Paul Verhoeven’s original makes its Blu-ray Disc debut (details here), there will also be a Blu-ray Disc trilogy box-set ($89.95 SRP) comprising of Starship Troopers, Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation and Starship Troopers 3: Marauder.
Features for the second film (which is only available as part of the box-set) are TBC, but in terms of extras are likely to match the DVD release.