The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep (UK BD) in June
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have announced the UK Blu-ray Disc release of The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep on 30th June 2008 priced at £24.99. When a lonely young boy named Angus discovers a large, mysterious egg along the shores of Loch Ness, no one is prepared for what lies within. He soon discovers that the strange, mischievous hatchling inside is none other than The Water Horse, the loch's most mysterious and fabled creature! But with the Water Horse growing ten times its size every day, Angus finds it increasingly difficult to keep his new friend a secret. Emily Watson, Alex Etel, Ben Chaplin, David Morrissey and Brian Cox star in this heart warming tale written by Robert Nelson Jacobs and directed by Jay Russell.
Arriving day-and-date and coded for all regions (A, B and C), features include:
- 1080P 2.40:1 Widescreen
- English Dolby True HD 5.1 Surround
- Czech, Hungarian, Polish and Russian DD5.1 Surround
- English Audio Description Track
- Subtitles: English, English HOH, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, Estonian, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Lithuanian, Polish, Romanian, Slovak, Slovene, Turkish
- Blu-ray exclusive: Virtual Crusoe (Java game)
- Myths and Legend – A mixture of thoughts and opinions from cast members and others about the origins of the Water Horse myth – does he really exist?
- The Story – The Water Horse: From original book to screen play. Interviews with the director, author and actors.
- Setting the Scene – A look at the different locations, Production design, costumes and effort that the crew went to produce an authentic Scottish environment.
- Waterwork: Creating the Water Horse – A look at the amazing underwater strategies used to create one of the most difficult scenes in the movie: Crusoe takes Alex under the Loch.
- Characters – Jay and the actors as well as author Dick King Smith elaborate on the characters and the challenges of playing them
- Creating Crusoe – An explanation of the physical and computer generated work undertaken to create the Loch Ness monster.
- Deleted Scenes – 8 scenes not included in the original release
Last updated: 13/05/2018 19:35:00