WarGames 25th AE & WarGames 2 in July
MGM Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of WarGames: The Dead Code on 29th July 2008 priced at $26.98 SRP. In the sequel to the 1983 favourite WarGames, the government is keeping a watchful eye on Will Farmer - a computer hacker who engages a super-computer named Ripley in an online terrorist-attack simulation game that is designed specifically to profile potential threats to the United States. When Homeland Security becomes convinced that Farmer is indeed a potential threat, he must do all in his power to clear his name and end the game. Directed by Stuart Gillard the film stars Matt Lanter and Colm Feore.
Extras include audio commentary by director Stuart Gillard and actor Matt Lanter, a “Making Of” featurette and photo galleries.
Also released the same day is WarGames: 25th Anniversary Edition. Matthew Broderick stars as a young computer whiz who accidentally starts a countdown to World War III. Priced at $14.98 SRP the new DVD offers all-new bonus material on a two-disc set including director and writer commentaries and all-new featurettes…
- Commentary by Director John Badham and Writers Lawrence Lasker and Walter F. Parkes
- ”Loading WarGames” documentary (NEW)
- ”Attack of the Hackers” featurette (NEW)
- ”Inside NORAD: Cold War Fortress” featurette (NEW)
- ”Tic Tac Toe: A True Story” featurette
- Menu-driven interactive superpower weapons briefing gallery
- Theatrical trailer
Last updated: 23/06/2018 02:34:41