Batman: Gotham Knight (US BD) in July
Warner Home Video have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of Batman: Gotham Knight on 8th July 2008 priced at $34.99 SRP. DC Comics, Warner Premiere, Warner Home Video and Warner Bros. Animation have collaborated to create this new entry into the Batman mythos. A cross section of distinguished creators, award winning producers, and acclaimed writers weave six interlocking stories that reveal Bruce Wayne’s journey to Dark Knight, each with stylish art from some of the world’s most revered animation visionaries.
Batman: Gotham Knight was headed by an impressive list of directors who have brought their distinctly different anime styles to the classic Batman character. The production was divided among three renowned studios – Studio 4ºC, Production I.G and Madhouse – and included the truly inimitable visions of directors Shojiro Nishimi, Futoshi Higashide, Hiroshi Morioka, Yasuhiro Aoki and Toshiyuki Kubooka. With stories written by several of the most talented writers of film, comic books, and animation, including Academy Award®-nominated screenwriter Josh Olson (A History of Violence), David S. Goyer (Batman Begins), Emmy®-winner Alan Burnett (Batman: The Animated Series), Jordan Goldberg (Associate Producer, The Dark Knight), and award-winning comics writers Greg Rucka and Brian Azzarello, Batman: Gotham Knight presents thrilling new adventures of Batman that spotlight several of Gotham City’s most dangerous villains, including the fearsome Scarecrow, the freakish Killer Croc and the unnerving marksman known as Deadshot. Batman: Gotham Knight is produced by Emma Thomas (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight), Michael Uslan & Benjamin Melniker (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight), Toshi Hiruma and Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series).
Arriving day-and-date, all extras from the two-disc DVD are carried over and presented in standard definition. Features include:
- 1080P 1.85:1 Widescreen
- English and Japanese DD5.1 Surround
- German and Spanish DD2.0 Surround
- English, Spanish, German and Japanese subtitles
- Commentary by DC Comics Senior VP/Creative Affairs Gregory Noveck, Former Batman Editor Dennis O’Neil and Voice of Batman Kevin Conroy
- “Sneak Peek: Wonder Woman” - DC Universe animated original movie
- “A Mirror for the Bat: The Evil Denizens of Gotham City” - A stimulating documentary covering Gotham City’s most nefarious of characters, combined with a look into the symbiotic relationship Batman shares with his enemies.
- “Batman and Me a Devotion of Destiny: The Bob Kane Story” - The comprehensive chronology of the remarkable life of the creator of Batman.
- “Batman: The Animated Series” Bonus Episodes - Bruce Timm selects his favourite episodes from Batman: The Animated Series.