A Passage to India (US BD) in April - Artwork added
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of A Passage to India (Collector’s Edition) on 15th April 2008 priced at $28.95 SRP. Alec Guinness and Judy Davis star in David Lean’s sweeping drama of an English girl who travels to India and accuses a native of rape.
Arriving day-and-date with the new Collector’s Edition DVD release and coded for all regions (A, B and C), extras are presented in standard definition. Features include:
- 1080P 1.66:1 Widescreen
- English and French Dolby True HD 5.1 Surround
- English, English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles (Film Only)
- Commentary with Producer Richard Goodwin
- “E.M. Forster: A Profile of an Author” - Elements of Forster's life and some of the main themes within the book are covered in this featurette.
- “An Epic Takes Shape” - Cast & Crew talk about the genesis of the project.
- “An Indian Affair” - Covers the main period of production over in India.
- “Only Connect: A Vision of India” - Covers the whole area of Post Production and also includes the final days of shooting in the studios at Shepperton.
- “Casting a Classic” - Priscilla John (Casting Director) talks about casting the film and the challenges of bringing characters from the book to life.
- “David Lean: Shooting with the Master” - This featurette takes a look at Lean as a Director with emphasis on this film being the last of his career.
- "Reflections of David Lean" - A featurette on David Lean that appeared on the last DVD release of the film.
- Blu-ray Exclusive: Enhanced Graphics and Trivia Track