Cruising (R2) in February
Warner Home Video have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Cruising (Deluxe Edition) on 25th February 2008. William Friedkin’s murder thriller that is set against the gay S & M subculture of the late ‘70s and prompted widespread community protests when it opened in 1980 makes its long-awaited UK Region 2 DVD debut later this year.
Directed by Academy Award winner William Friedkin (The French Connection) from his own screenplay adaptation of Gerald Walker’s novel, the film has as its magnetic centrepiece Academy Award-winner Al Pacino’s (Scent of a Woman) performance as an undercover cop who infiltrates New York City’s leather bar scene, and whose identity and relationships are hauntingly affected by his assignment.
William Friedkin has personally supervised the creation of an all new high-definition master (used to create the 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen transfer on the disc) and new 5.1 Dolby Digital audio track for the release with new director commentary. Also included are eminent documentarian Laurent Bouzereau’s two new featurettes (“The History of Cruising” and “Exorcising Crusing”) containing interviews with actors and filmmakers who provide thorough perspective on the incidents surrounding the production. Lastly the Theatrical Trailer is also included.
- 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- English and German DD5.1 Surround
- Spanish DD1.0 Mono
- English, Danish, Finnish, German, Greek, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish subtitles (Main Feature and extras unless otherwise noted)
- Director's Commentary (English and German subtitles only)
- “The History of Cruising” featurette
- "Exorcising Cruising" featurette
Last updated: 19/04/2018 00:39:16