The King of Kong (R1) in January
New Line Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters on 29th January 2008 priced at $27.95 SRP. The real life journey of two men competing for the world record in the classic arcade game Donkey Kong is captured on film in this documentary.
In 1982, Billy Mitchell, the “Gamer of the Century,” set a score of 874,300 points on Donkey Kong, a record which many in the gaming world thought would never be broken – until Steve Wiebe not only surpassed the record but ended up with a thought-to-be-impossible 1,000,000 points. In the months that followed his feat, Steve and Billy engage in a cross-country duel, filled with publicity, scandal and frustration, to see who could set the highest score and ultimately become the King of Kong!
- 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- English DD2.0 and DD5.1 Surround
- English and Spanish subtitles
- Feature commentary from director Seth Gordon, producer Ed Cunningham, associate producer Clay Tweel and associate producer Luis Lopez
- Feature commentary from IGN.com editor and i am 8-bit founder
- Featurettes including extended interviews, player profiles and bonus footage
- “A Really, Really Brief History of Donkey Kong" animated short
Last updated: 19/04/2018 01:04:19