Paprika (BD) in November
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have announced the US Blu-ray Disc release of Paprika on 27th November 2007 priced at $38.96 SRP. From Satoshi Kon, the acclaimed director of Perfect Blue and Tokyo Godfathers comes this new Japanese animated sci-fi feature.
Based on the original futuristic story, Paprika was written by the great master of Japanese literature, Yasutaka Tsutsui, in 1993 and is the psychedelic story of a female detective who investigates criminal cases by entering the dreams of her subjects. The film also features music composed by Susumi Hirasawa who previously collaborated with Satoshi Kon on Millennium Actress and Paranoia Agent.
Arriving day-and-date and coded for all regions (A, B and C), features include:
- 1080P 1.85:1 Widescreen
- Japanese and English Dolby True HD 5.1 Surround
- French, Cantonese, Mandarin, Thai, Portuguese and Spanish DD5.1 Surround
- English, English SDH, French, Spanish, Korean, Chinese, Thai and Portuguese subtitles
- Filmmaker Commentary
- Tsutsui and Kon’s Paprika – Making of Documentary
- A Conversation about the ‘Dream’
- The Dream CG World
- The Art of Fantas
- Storyboard Comparisons
Extras are presented in a mixture of Standard and High Definition with Japanese Stereo sound and English and Korean subtitles.
Last updated: 31/07/2018 11:31:32