28 Weeks Later (US BD) in October
Fox Home Entertainment have announced the US Region A Blu-ray Disc release of 28 Weeks Later on 23rd October 2007 priced at $39.98 SRP. In this sequel to Danny Boyle’s 28 Days Later which is set six months after the rage virus has annihilated mainland Britain, the U.S. Army declares that the war against infection has been won, and that the reconstruction of the country can begin. As the first wave of refugees return, a family is reunited - but one of them unwittingly carries a terrible secret that threatens to reignite the deadly explosion of bloodlust, carnage and chaos.
The Blu-ray Disc arrives two weeks after the R1 DVD release and is authored in BD-Java and AVC (MPEG 4 compression). Presented on a 50GB dual-layer disc with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio plus French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound the disc also features English, Spanish, Chinese and Korean subtitles.
All extras from the DVD release are carried over (with slightly different names in the press material for the featurettes) and include:
- Commentary by director/co-writer Juan Carlos Fresnadillo and co-writer Rowan Joffe
- Deleted Scenes (with optional commentary by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo and Rowan Joffe)
- Code Red: The Making of 28 Weeks Later Documentary
- Blood of the Infected Featurette
- A Bloody Battlefield: Designing and Destroying District One Featurette
- 28 Days Later: The Aftermath Featurette
- Theatrical Teaser and Trailer
Last updated: 26/04/2018 11:29:05