Halloween: 25 Years of Terror (R2) in October
Starz Home Entertainment have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Halloween: 25 Years of Terror on 22nd October 2007 priced at £19.99. In 1978, director John Carpenter changed the face of horror cinema and made movie history with Halloween, the terrifying account of psycho killer Michael Myers' horrific rampage through the small town of Haddonfield.
A quarter of a century after the events of that fateful night, Halloween: 25 ears of Terror revisits Haddonfield to discover the triumphs, controversies and groundbreaking influence of the greatest horror movie franchise ever with the most comprehensive Halloween documentary ever produced. Narrated by Halloween star P.J. Soles and featuring rare behind the scenes footage and interviews with cast and crew members, including John Carpenter, Debra Hill, Jamie Lee Curtis, Moustapha Akkad, plus fans such as Rob Zombie, Clive Barker, Edgar Wright and Kim Newman, Halloween: 25 Years of Terror is described as the ultimate retrospective look at the entire Halloween saga.
Released as a two-disc DVD set that includes the digitally remastered version of Carpenter's original movie, Halloween: 25 Years of Terror also comes packed with extras features that include extensive footage filmed at the H25 Convention in South Pasadena (the actual filming location for the fictional Haddonfield).
- Halloween 2: extended interviews with Pamela Susan Shoop, Tawny Moyer, Gloria Gifford, Rick Rosenthal, Dick Warlock and Tommy Lee Wallace.
- Halloween 3: extended interviews with Tom Atkins, Tommy Lee Wallace, Brad Schacter and Garn Stephens.
- The Fans of Halloween featurette.
- The Horror Channel's ‘Hallowed Grounds' series visits the Halloween locations.
- Halloween: the Michael Myers panel discussion at the H25 convention.
- Ellie Cornell at the H25 convention.
- The Curse of Michael Myers panel discussion at the H25 convention.
- Director of Photography panel at the H25 convention with guest Dean Cundey.
- Halloween returns to Haddonfield for the 25th anniversary convention.
- Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers: on set footage.
- Producer panel discussion at the H25 convention with Moustapha Akkad and Irwin Yablans.
In addition, Starz Home Entertainment will also be releasing a four-disc edition of Halloween: 25 Years of Terror available exclusively from HMV (price TBC). A disc breakdown follows…
- Original Feature - 2.0 / 5.1 and original Mono soundtrack
- Halloween Unmasked 2000
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- Talent Bios
- Still Galleries
- Halloween: A Cut Above The Rest 87mins
- On Location 25 Years Later
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- Poster & Stills Gallery
- Talent Bios
- DVD-ROM Screenplay
- DVD-ROM Screensavers
- Full-Frame Feature Presentation of Halloween: 25 Years of Terror
- Horror's Hallowed Grounds – An Exclusive Tour of the Halloween Series Filming Locations
- Halloween II and III Extended Interviews
- Extended Celebrity Interviews
- Halloween 5 On-Set Footage
- Halloween Convention Montage
- Fans Of Halloween – Collections of Props and Memorabilia
- Halloween Panel Discussion
- Halloween II Panel Discussion
- Halloween 6 Panel Discussion
- Ellie Cornell Panel Discussion
- Michael Myers Panel Discussion
- Dean Cundey Panel Discussion
- Halloween Producers Panel Discussion
- Halloween Location Stills Gallery
- Halloween Convention Behind-The- Scenes Gallery
- Original Artwork Gallery
If we’re reading the specs right it looks as though you get a mixture of the Main Feature disc from the original Halloween UK DVD release, and the Bonus Disc from the 25th Anniversary Edition UK DVD release of Halloween along with the new documentary discs.
Last updated: 27/05/2018 03:59:24