Ratatouille (BD) in November
Buena Vista Home Entertainment have announced the US Region A Blu-ray Disc release of Ratatouille on 6th November 2007 priced at $34.99 SRP. Written and directed by Brad Bird, Pixar’s latest gives you a chance to experience Paris from the unique perspective of a rat named Remy, who dares to dream the impossible dream of becoming a gourmet chef in a five-star French restaurant.
Arriving day-and-date the Blu-ray Disc release offers all the bonus content of the DVD release and also boasts several exclusive to hi-def extras.
DVD Extra include:
- Deleted Scenes – With introductions by Ratatouille’s acclaimed screenwriter/director Brad Bird.
- “Your Friend the Rat” – Remy and Emile star in an all-new animated short film.
- Fine Food and Film: A Conversation with Brad Bird and Thomas Keller – Cuisine and cinema come together in this behind the scenes look at how master chef and restaurateur Thomas Keller brought his real life expertise to the table.
- Lifted – In Pixar’s latest short, Oscar nominated for Best Animated Short Film, a teen alien learns that failure is an option.
- More Surprises!
Blu-ray Exclusive Extras include:
- Gusteau’s Gourmet Game: In this inventive new Java based game, the orders are stacking up in Chez Gusteau’s kitchen. You must help Linguini by moving quickly from station to station in the kitchen to prepare the right meal. If the guests are happy, there just might be time for a delicious bowl of ratatouille.
- Cine-Explore: An innovative, in-movie Java feature allows viewers to customize their own behind the scenes experience, which includes:
- Animation Briefings
- Documentary Shorts
- Deleted Shots: R.I.P.
- Deleted Scenes
The film will be presented in 1080P 2.39: 1Widescreen with PCM Uncompressed Surround Sound (48k HZ / 24-bit).