Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End (US BD) in December
Buena Vista Home Entertainment have announced the US Region A Blu-ray Disc release of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End on 4th December 2007 priced at $35.99 SRP. Producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski’s third pirate adventure completes the epic story begun in last year's Dead Man's Chest as Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley go in search of the soul of feisty buccaneer Johnny Depp.
A box-office smash, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End arrives on Blu-ray Disc day-and-date with the DVD offering. As per the Blu-ray Disc outings of the first two films in the series, At World’s End is given a 75GB, 2-Disc release and boasts exceptional picture and sound quality along with all the extras from the DVD release (presented in HD) and a Blu-ray exclusive interactive feature, “Enter the Maelstrom”.
Presented in 1080P Widescreen the feature film presentation was created from the original digital source files and is once again in the capable hands of Panasonic who handled the AVC video compression on this and the previous Pirates Blu-ray Disc releases. In terms of audio the press release mentions 7.1, 48kHz, 24-bit uncompressed audio in the main text but then goes on to confuse us slightly by listing the audio as 5.1, 48kHz, 24-bit uncompressed in the final information breakdown at the end. You can also expect Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround audio options in English, French and Spanish as well as subtitles in the same languages.
As previously mentioned the Blu-ray Disc release includes all of the standard DVD bonus content re-mastered in high-definition, plus exclusive BD-Java enhanced features including “Enter the Maelstrom”, an extensive interactive look at the climactic sequence of “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End” and the return of the Jolly Roger host, who navigates users through animated menus with “state-of-the-art BD-Java enabled artificial intelligence”.
About “Enter The Maelstrom”
Enter the Maelstrom, the exclusive showpiece of the Blu-ray Disc, takes you deep into the perilous whirlpool of the Maelstrom, a sequence of unimaginable scale. The colossal battle between the Black Pearl and the Flying Dutchman stands as one of the most impressive action set pieces in cinema history with its photorealistic blend of live-action footage and computer-aided FX wizardry. Jerry Bruckheimer hosts the BD-Java feature – a one-hour immersive, interactive tour that explores the sequence from stem to stern, covering everything you would want to know and more about this awe-inspiring cinematic achievement. Explore the Palmdale hanger that housed the sets from floor to ceiling seamlessly through an interactive, time-lapse footage interface. In-feature pop-ups and selectable icons appear throughout the time-lapse footage over different areas of the massive set; navigating to each of these reveals multimedia content about how the Maelstrom was created, from set construction to special effects. Discover the Maelstrom on your own, or take a tour of the highlights of the set with Jerry Bruckheimer, who also provides optional commentary throughout the feature.
Disc 1: Main Feature
- Jolly Roger Host – BD-Java Exclusive
Disc 2: Extra Features
- Enter the Maelstrom – BD-Java Exclusive
- All Standard DVD Bonus Content – available in high-definition
The DVD Bonus Content includes:
- Bloopers of the Caribbean – hilarious outtakes of cast and crew
- Anatomy of a Scene: The Maelstrom – a detailed breakdown of one of cinema’s most complex and impressive action set pieces
- Keith & the Captain– A revealing look at the dynamic relationship between living legends Keith Richards and Johnny Depp
- Tale of the Multiple Jacks – an in-depth look at the mind-blowing FX that went into creating multiple Captain Jacks
- Hoist the Colors – reveals the inspiration for the “Hoist the Colors” original composition
- Masters of Design – five individual documentaries highlighting the talented design teams behind this immense production
- #1: Jim Byrkit and The Map
- #2: Crash McCreary and the Krusty Pirates
- #3: Rick Heinrichs and the Singapore Set
- #4: Penny Rose and the Captain Teague Costumes
- #5: Chris Peck and the Pirate Code Book
- Inside the Brethren Court – a closer look at the legendary Pirate Lords and their costume designs, origins and unique personalities
- The Pirate Code: Revealed – explores the pirate code and the history of piracy
- The World of Chow Yun Fat – a look at the man behind devious Captain Sao Feng, international sensation Chow Yun Fat, and his meteoric rise to fame
- The Pirate Maestro: The Music of Hans Zimmer – meet the renowned composer who created the film’s rousing score
Last updated: 19/04/2018 02:00:56