Tekkonkinkreet (R1) in September
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Tekkonkinkreet on 25th September 2007. From the creators of Animatrix comes this visually-stunning new anime film based on a popular Japanese manga written by Taiyo Matsumoto. In Treasure Town, where the moon smiles and young boys can fly, life can be both gentle and brutal. This is never truer than for our heroes, Black and White, two street urchins who watch over the city, doing battle with an array of old-world Yakuza and alien assassins vying to rule the decaying metropolis. Tekkonkinkreet is a dynamic tale of brotherhood that addresses the faults of present day society, true love lost, and the kindness of the human heart.
The title Tekkonkinkreet is a play on the Japanese words for “concrete”, ”iron”, and “muscle”; It suggests the warring images of steel and concrete cities amassing against the powers of the imagination. Tekkonkinkreet features an electrifying original soundtrack from UK techno innovators (and frequent Bjork collaborators) Plaid.
- 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- Japanese, English, Portuguese and Spanish DD5.1 Surround
- English, French, Portuguese and Spanish subtitles
- A Conversation with Director Michael Arias and British Rock Band Plaid
- Filmmaker Commentary
- The Making of Tekkon - Director Michael Arias' 300 Day Diary (40mins)