Deliverance R1 Deluxe Edition in September - Artwork added
Warner Home Video
have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Deliverance (35th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) on 18th September 2007 priced at $19.97 SRP. Directed by John Boorman (Excalibur, Hope and Glory) and adapted by James Dickey from his novel, Deliverance was nominated for three Academy Awards including Best Picture and Best Director. Jon Voight, Burt Reynolds, Ned Beatty and Ronny Cox star as the four friends whose canoeing weekend turns into a horrifying test of survival.
Newly remastered the film now boasts a host of special features which include:
- Commentary by John Boorman - Director Boorman takes a journey down the river and discusses the adventures, the team, the controversy and what it took to make Deliverance a classic film.
- Deliverance: The Beginning - Take a historical look at the novel and its adaptation to the screen.
- Deliverance: The Journey - along from the early stages of filming to the creation of classic moments, such as the Dueling Banjos scene.
- Deliverance: Betraying the River - The making of one of the most controversial and ground-breaking sequences in film history.
- Deliverance: Delivered - A reflective look back on the completion of the film, its impact and how the idea for the shocking ending came to be.
- The Dangerous World of Deliverance - The original behind-the-scenes documentary on the difficult conditions and challenges of making this film
- Theatrical Trailer