300 (R1) in July
Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of 300 on 31st July 2007. The epic graphic novel by Frank Miller (Sin City) assaults the screen with the blood, thunder and awe of its ferocious visual style faithfully recreated in an intense blend of live-action and CGI animation. Retelling the ancient Battle of Thermopylae, it depicts the titanic clash in which King Leonidas (Gerard Butler) and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro) and his massive Persian army.
Available in separate Widescreen and Full Screen single-disc ($28.98 SRP) and Widescreen two-disc ($34.99 SRP) editions features are detailed below…
Disc 1: Main Feature
- English, French and Spanish DD5.1 Surround
- English, French and Spanish subtitles
- Audio Commentary with director Zack Snyder, writer Kurt Johnstad and director of photography Larry Fong
Disc 2: Extra Features (Special Edition only)
- Deleted Scenes with Introduction by Zack Snyder
- 300 Spartans - Fact or Fiction? (24:31mins) - Historians, authors and filmmakers reveal how much of the film was based on fact.
- Who Were The Spartans: The Warriors of 300 (4:24mins) - Touches on the customs and ways of life of the Spartan that weren’t explicitly shown in 300 but were used by the actors and filmmakers to help build their characters.
- Frank Miller Tapes (13:00mins) - We'll show how the outspoken Miller continued to push his limits to realize his epic graphic novel in the world of film
- Webisodes: Behind the scenes peeks on the set of 300 (20:00mins)
- Photo gallery (3:39mins) - Rapid fire stills from the first day of production to the last.
Last updated: 19/04/2018 02:31:46