Anchor Bay UK February line-up including a delayed Jack The Ripper
Anchor Bay UK
have announced their UK Region 2 DVD release of A Sense of Freedom for 23rd February 2004 with a retail price of £16.99. Based on the autobiography of former criminal Jimmy Boyle, 1979's A Sense of Freedom was one of the most controversial and influential dramas of its time. Directed by John Mackenzie (The Long Good Friday) and featuring the camerawork of Oscar-winning cinematographer Chris Menges (The Mission; The Killing Fields), it was justifiably hailed by critics and the public alike for its unflinching depiction of prison life and criminal rehabilitation.
This DVD release will offer the following features:
- Anamorphic Widescreen transfer
- DD2.0 Stereo and optional DD5.1 Surround
- Jimmy Boyle biography
- "Convict, Rage and Reverie" Documentary with Jimmy Boyle
After suffering a delay the Anchor Bay UK DVD release of Jess Franco's Jack The Ripper will now also debut on 23rd February 2004 (having previously been scheduled for January). The disc features have not changed and can be seen below...
- Exclusive unrated director's cut restored from the original negative and archive footage
- 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation supervised by Cinematographer Peter Baumgartner
- Behind the Scenes Documentary with Never Before Seen Footage
- Featurette about the Film Restoration
- Theatrical Trailer
- Audio Commentary with Producer Erwin C. Dietrich
- Cast and Crew Biographies
- Extensive collection of production stills, historical documents and pictures from the set
Also set for release on 23rd February 2004 is Wes Craven's Summer of Fear, details for which can be found here.