The U.S. vs. John Lennon (R1) in February
Lionsgate Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of The U.S. vs. John Lennon for 13th February 2007 priced at $27.98 SRP. Filmmakers David Leaf and John Scheinfeld trace musical legend John Lennon’s metamorphosis from lovable “Moptop” to anti-war activist to inspirational icon as they reveal the true story of how and why the U.S. government tried to silence him.
Providing unparalleled insight into the legendary musician and political figure, this documentary features appearances by a slew of influential figures from the time including Carl Bernstein, Noam Chomsky, Walter Cronkite, Mario Cuomo, John Dean, G. Gordon Liddy, George McGovern and more. In addition, a one-of-a-kind soundtrack features more than three dozen songs by John Lennon, Yoko Ono Lennon, and The Beatles while the DVD extras include over 50 minutes of additional documentary footage.
- Anamorphic Widescreen
- English DD2.0 & DD5.1 Surround
- English & Spanish subtitles
- Additional Documentary Footage includes:
- Becoming John Lennon
- Power to the People
- Dissent vs. Disloyalty
- Then and Now
- Walter Cronkite Meets The Beatles
- The “Two Virgins” Album Cover
- “Sometime in New York”
- The One To One Benefit Concert
- Yoko Ono Lennon’s Letter To The Parole Board
- DVD-Rom Exclusive – Interview with John and Yoko Ono Lennon courtesy of Tariq Ali, reprinted from his book, Streetfighting Years: An Autobiography of the Sixties.