V For Vendetta (R1) in August - Extras revealed
Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of V For Vendetta for 1st August 2006. Set against the futuristic landscape of totalitarian Britain, V For Vendetta tells the story of a mild-mannered young woman named Evey (Natalie Portman) who is rescued from a life-and-death situation by a masked man (Hugo Weaving) known only as "V." Incomparably charismatic and ferociously skilled in the art of combat and deception, V ignites a revolution when he urges his fellow citizens to rise up against tyranny and oppression. As Evey uncovers the truth about V's mysterious background, she also discovers the truth about herself - and emerges as his unlikely ally in the culmination of his plan to bring freedom and justice back to a society fraught with cruelty and corruption.
Available in single-disc (separate Widescreen & Full Screen versions, $28.98 SRP each) and two-disc special edition (Widescreen only, $34.99 SRP) the main feature is available in English and French DD5.1 Surround with optional English, French and Spanish subtitles.
Extras on the single-disc editions are limited to Freedom! Forever!: Making V for Vendetta.
Extras on the two-disc special edition are as follows...
- Freedom! Forever!: Making V for Vendetta – The cast and crew of V for Vendetta reveal the intense filmmaking process
- Designing the Near Future – A look at the artistic process of creating the frightening future world of V
- Remember, Remember: Guy Fawkes and the Gunpowder Plot – The history behind the story of Guy Fawkes
- England Prevails: V for Vendetta and the New Wave in Comics – The origins of the original V story is illuminated
- Cat Power Montage – Cat Power song played under images of the film
- Theatrical Trailer
- Easter Egg: Hidden Bonus: Saturday Night Live Digital Short