Patton (Cinema Reserve) in April
Fox Home Entertainment have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Patton (Cinema Reserve) for 24th April 2006 priced at £24.99. Known to many as the ‘thinking man’s war film’ Patton tells the story of General George S. Patton Jr, the famous controversial World War II tank commander. The film follows Patton’s career from North Africa though to the invasion in Germany and the fall of the Third Reich. Although seen to many as a genius commander, the film shows two sides to his personality; his love for poetry, his belief in reincarnation and his passion for military history, as well as his furious temper and tendency towards insubordination.
Director Franklin J. Schaffner’s film is given the two-disc special edition treatment as part of the Cinema Reserve collection. The set features many of the new bonus materials from the forthcoming Region 1 DVD release but is most notably missing the introduction and commentary by Francis Ford Coppola.
Disc 1: Main Feature
- Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
- English DD5.1 & DTS 5.1 Surround
- English subtitles
Disc 2: Extra Features
- History Through the Lens: "Patton: A Rebel Revisited" (90mins)
- Documentary "The Making Of Patton" (50mins)
- Production Still Gallery Accompanied by Jerry Goldsmith's Complete Musical Score (15mins)
- Behind the Scenes Gallery Accompanied By Audio Essay on the Historical Patton (53mins)
- Original Theatrical Trailer
More titles due on the Cinema Reserve collection including Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Seven Year Itch, The Fly, and Brazil will follow in May, June, July and August respectively.
Artwork and menus for Patton follow...