Constantine (R1) in July
Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Constantine for 19th July 2005. Based on the DC Comics/Vertigo Hellblazer graphic novels and written by Kevin Brodbin and Frank Cappello, Constantine tells the story of John Constantine (Keanu Reeves), a man who has literally been to hell and back. When he teams up with sceptical policewoman Angela Dodson (Rachel Weisz) to solve the mysterious suicide of her twin sister, their investigation takes them through the world of demons and angels that exists just beneath the landscape of contemporary Los Angeles. Caught in a catastrophic series of otherworldly events, the two become inextricably involved and seek to find their own peace at whatever cost.
The Two-Disc Deluxe Edition ($30.99 SRP) is the one to watch and comes bundled with an exclusive collectible Hellblazer comic featuring a reprint of issue #41 Dangerous Habits and a Hellblazer short story. Features on the discs are as follows....
Disc One: Movie
- 2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
- English and French DD5.1 Surround
- English, French and Spanish subtitles
- Commentary by director Francis Lawrence, producer Akiva Goldsman and screenwriters Kevin Brodbin and Frank Cappello
- A Perfect Circle's "Passive" music video
- Theatrical Trailers
Disc Two: Extras
- 18 minutes of Deleted Scenes including an alternate ending with optional director's commentary
- Conjuring Constantine: From Comic Book to Movie documentary
- The Production from Hell Documentary: Director's Confessional, Collision with Evil, Holy Relics
- Imagining the Underworld Documentary: Hellscape, Visualizing Vermin, Warrior Wings, Unholy Abduction, Demon Face [Easter Egg]
- Foresight: The Power of Pre-Visualization with Optional Commentary by Francis Lawrence
- DVD-Rom Content
You will also find single-disc editions in both Widescreen and Full Screen, priced at $28.98 SRP the only bonus features on these releases are the 18 minutes of Deleted Scenes.
Last updated: 19/04/2018 09:18:03