Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events (R2) in May
Dreamworks Home Entertainment have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events for 27th May 2005. After their parents perish in a suspicious house fire and they are left in desperate need of a guardian, the Baudelaire orphans battle to stay out of the clutches of the superbly talented, evil Count Olaf (Jim Carrey). Violet (Emily Browning) uses her skills as an inventor, Klaus (Liam Aiken) his photographic memory of every book he’s ever read and baby Sunny her secret language in their attempts to foil my plan to get my hands on their enormous fortune.
Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events is available as a one disc DVD (£19.99), with an hour of extras and two commentaries including:
- Audio commentary with director Brad Silberling
- Audio commentary from director Brad Silberling with the real Lemony Snicket!
- Deleted scenes and outtakes
- 'Building A Bad Actor': a look at the process of creating Olaf's characters
- 'Interactive Olaf': an interactive look at costumes and character tests enabling the viewer to choose from four different Jim Carrey monologues
- 'Making The Baudelaire Children Miserable': the casting of the actors to play the Baudelaire orphans
- 'Count Olaf's Ghost Story' easter egg (hidden feature): Jim Carrey entertains cast and crew with an improvised ghost story that only he, as Olaf, could possibly pull-off!
And as a two disc DVD (£24.99) with everything above plus a second bonus disc with the following features:
- 'A Woeful World': a documentary revealing how the filmmakers created the world of Lemony Snicket using some of the finest production and art designers the industry has to offer
- 'Costumes And Other Suspicious Disguises': creating the look for main characters Olaf, Aunt Josephine, Uncle Monty and the Baudelaire children
- 'Violet's Functional Designs': a remarkable peek at the technical geniuses behind some of Violet's most complex inventions
- 'Trains, Leeches And Hurricanes': a detailed look at the film's remarkable CGI scenes
- 'The Sad Score': scoring the film with Brad Silberling and Thomas Newman
- 'Incredibly Deadly Vipers': where did all those vipers, pythons and critters come from?
- 'The Unsound Sound Designer': a look at the remarkable sounds created just for the world of Lemony Snicket; this featurette also includes an interactive sound segment with the Terrible Train and Aunt Josephine's house destruction
- 'The Terrible Fire': how the Baudelaire house goes from magnificent mansion to burned-out shell in one take
- 'An Alamring Conspiracy Involving Sunny': a detailed look at the remarkable animatronic Sunny and her creation at Industrial Light And Magic (ILM)
- 'An Even More Alamring Conspiracy Involving Sunny': more on how the animatronic Sunny Doll was created with Kevin Yagher
- Gruesome Galleries: 75 stills from the film
- Easter Eggs (hidden features)
Last updated: 19/04/2018 09:26:48