Bullitt SE & The Getaway SE (R2) in July
Warner Home Video have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Steve McQueen in Bullitt: Two-Disc Special Edition (£19.99 RRP) and The Getaway (£15.99 RRP) for 18th July 2005. These newly remastered special editions include new bonus features with three documentaries including the DVD debut of The Cutting Edge: The Magic of Movie Editing, a fascinating look at the art of film editing featuring award-winning directors Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Martin Scorsese, Quentin Tarantino and Ridley Scott. Steve McQueen: The Essence of Cool, a new documentary with interviews from Neile Adams (McQueen's first wife), Sir Richard Attenborough, Norman Jewison, Chad McQueen (his son), Peter Yates, Barbara Minty (McQueen's widow) and much more are also featured.
Please note the UK R2 Essential Steve McQueen Collection box set has been cancelled (details here).
Bullitt: Two-Disc Special Edition (1968)
In one of his most famous roles, Steve McQueen stars as tough-guy police detective Frank Bullitt, assigned for 48 hours to watch a witness before his trial. However, when the witness and another officer are shot, Bullitt decides to investigate the case on his own, much to the dismay of an ambitious Senator (Robert Vaughn) who wants to shut the investigation down, hindering Bullitt's plan to bring the killers to justice. Robert Duvall and Jacqueline Bisset also star in the film, which contains one of the most exciting car chases in film. Bullitt also won the 1969 Academy Award® for Best Editing.
- Commentary by Director Peter Yates
- Theatrical Trailer
- Two Feature-Length Documentaries:
- The Cutting Edge: The Magic of Movie Editing, narrated by Kathy Bates
- Steve McQueen: The Essence of Cool - From filmmaker Mimi Freedman, this all-new documentary uncovers the complex man behind the image by watching McQueen's life and career through the eyes of the people who knew him best and extensive use of film and television clips
- Vintage Featurette: Bullitt: Steve McQueen's Commitment to Reality
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1 Widescreen
The Getaway (1972)
Steve McQueen plays a bank robber whose wife makes a deal with a Texas politician to have her husband released from prison in return for a percentage from their next big heist. But when the plan goes sour, the couple must flee to Mexico as fast as they can, with a variety of gun-wielding thugs on their trail. Ali MacGraw, Sally Struthers and Al Lettieri also star in this crime thriller directed by Sam Peckinpah (The Wild Bunch).
DVD Special Features:
- Commentary by DVD Producer Nick Redman, authors Paul Seydor, Garner Simmons & David Weddle
- "Virtual" audio commentary with stills featuring Steve McQueen, Ali MacGraw and Sam Peckinpah
Last updated: 19/04/2018 09:35:58