Heat 10th Anniversary Edition (R2) in April
Warner Home Video
have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Heat (10th Anniversary Two-Disc Special Edition) for 25th April 2005 priced at £19.99. Written, directed and produced by Michael Mann this tale of big city crime and obsession marks the first time that legendary actors Al Pacino and Robert De Niro starred together on the big screen. Heat also features Jon Voight, Tom Sizemore, Val Kilmer, Ashley Judd, Amy Brenneman and Natalie Portman.
The Two-Disc DVD Special Edition includes the following extras:
- Commentary by writer/director Michael Mann
- Three theatrical trailers
- 11 additional scenes
- Five new making-of documentaries featuring the cast and crew
- Return to the Scene of the Crime - Location Manager, Janice Polley, and Associate Producer, Gusmano Cesaretti, visit the real life LA locations used in the film
- Pacino and De Niro: The Conversation - Mann, cast and crew explore this historic on-screen showdown in the pivotal confrontation at Kate Mantellini's
- The Making of Heat: True Crime - Michael Mann and Chuck Adamson, Technical Advisor and real life inspiration for the Lt. Vincent Hanna character, discuss the Chicago crime scene and the events surrounding the real Neil McCauley (who Adamson took down in the late 60s) that inspired the film
- The Making of Heat: Crime Stories - Mann, cast and crew discuss the twenty year origin of the script, the film's genesis and the complexity of the characters portrayed on screen
- The Making of Heat: Into the Fire - Mann, cast and crew discuss training for their roles, filming in LA, shooting the climatic downtown heist and post production
The film is presented in 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround audio options.