Premier Asia announce The Warrior for October
Premier Asia have now revealed the full details for their UK Region 2 DVD release of The Warrior that is due on 27th October 2003 with a retail price of £19.99. As we previously confirmed this two-disc set will feature the shorter International Cut that runs for 127-minutes (see here). The full list of features is as follows...
- Digitally re-mastered and restored DVD transfer
- Anamorphic Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS audio
- Dual Language Format (Korean with re-mastered English subtitles and English Dubbed)
- SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Feature length audio commentary with Asian Film Experts Bey Logan and Mike Leeder
- Hong Kong Legends and Premier Asia Showcase (Featuring trailers and promos for forthcoming attractions)
- "A Breed Apart" - An exclusive featurette with lead-villain and ‘Iron Monkey' leading-man Yu Rong-kwong
- "The Art of War" - An intimate look behind the scenes of ‘The Warrior’ with producer Cha Seong-jae
- "Epic Proportions" - The Making of The Warrior
- Deleted Scenes
- Cast and Crew Interviews
- Behind-the-scenes footage
- Animated Photo Gallery featuring behind-the-scenes, promotional and conceptual campaign art from the film
- Trailer Archive (including UK and Korean Promotional Trailers and Teasers)
From the PR:
Over five years in the making and the most expensive Korean film ever made, THE WARRIOR also proved to be one of the biggest motion picture events in Korean cinema history. A massive box office smash on its home theatrical release, the film has been favourably compared to Hollywood blockbusters such as "Gladiator" and "Saving Private Ryan" thanks to its grand scale storytelling and astonishingly vivid battle sequences. Starring the stunning Zhang Zi-yi (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon; Rush Hour 2) and Yu Rong-kwong (Iron Monkey; The Enforcer; Shanghai Noon), THE WARRIOR is a breathtaking historical epic that successfully straddles the line between arthouse cinema and the blockbuster mainstream.
As the growing Ming dynasty begins to squeeze the Mongol Yuan dynasty West beyond the Chinese Great Wall during the latter part of the 14th Century, a diplomatic envoy from Korea finds itself caught in the crossfire. After being disarmed and virtually decimated by Ming forces, the survivors must struggle to return to the safety of their homeland. Complications arise when they plan to appease the Ming Emperor by rescuing a beautiful Ming princess who is being held captive by a group of Yuan soldiers.
Reminiscent of, and comparable to, the best works of the legendary Japanese director Akira Kurosawa, THE WARRIOR is a visual masterpiece of epic proportions. Beautifully shot, skilfully edited and slickly incorporating CGI effects throughout, it tells a moving tale of unequalled heroism and features some of the most frenzied and bloody battle sequences committed to celluloid.
Last updated: 19/04/2018 15:39:22