Mission: Impossible 2
have put out a press release, rather late in the day, for the Region 4 release of the masssively over-hyped Misison: Impossible 2. The special edition DVD, due for release on 6 July, will contain 'the most special features ever for a Paramount title', which could be taken as positive or negative, depending on how you look at it. Certainly, the disc doesn't look as impressive as some special editions we have seen from other distributors. The features will be as follows:
- 15-minute "Behind the Mission" exclusive cast and crew interviews
- A Five-minute "Mission Incredible" stunts featurette
- "Impossible Shots" behind-the-scenes stunts featurette, including exclusive interviews with John Woo, Tom Cruise, Stunt Co-ordinator Brian Smrz and others
- Director's commentary by John Woo
- Metallica's "I Disappear" music video
- An alternative title sequence
- MTV Movie Awards parody, "Mission Improbable"
The film will be presented in anamorphic widescreen with a Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack. In other words, this disc is identical to the Region 2 release, which in turn is identical to the Region 1 version. So, no surprises here then.