Planet of the Apes
In yet another example of a blockbuster summer movie receiving its DVD release shortly after its theatrical run, Fox have announced a 2-disc special edition of Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes for release on the 20th of November. Retailing at $29.98, the set will feature an anamorphic 2.35:1 transfer and English 5.1 DTS, English 5.1 Dolby Digital and Spanish Dolby surround audio tracks. The extras will be as follows:
- A viewing mode which allows the choice of either going behind the scenes, viewing the special effects or searching the cast and crew biographies
- Audio track by composer Danny Elfman
- Two Easter Eggs
- DVD-ROM feature with screenplay-script-storyboard comparisons
- NUON-enhanced features including "Viddies" and "Cool Zooms"
- The HBO "First Look" special
- Five extended scenes
- Six featurettes: "Face Like A Monkey," "Simian Academy," "Costume Tests," "Swinging From The Trees," "On Location in Lake Powell," and "Chimp Symphony Op. 37"
- Makeup, group and movement tests
- Multi-angle features for several key scenes
- Concept art and design gallery
- DVD-ROM features of a novella and links to websites
- Music video, television spots and trailers.
Raphael Pour-Hashemi has reviewed the Planet of the Apes movie here.