Withnail and I
Thanks to Retronana we now have the confirmed specs for the upcoming Region 2 release of Withnail and I from Anchor Bay. The DVD will feature:
- A completely uncut widescreen transfer of the film supervised by Director of Photography, Peter Hannan
- A new Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack
- A 53-minute documentary entitled 'Withnail & Us'
- Rare pre-production photos by Ralph Steadman
- The original theatrical trailer
- Limited edition collectable poster of the original film art by Ralph Steadman.
It's also worth noting that over at the R2 Project, Andy has spoken to the PR people and has news that Paul McGann has agreed to do a commentary track. It does sound like the Region 2 disc outperforms the Criterion release (reviewed here) by some margin.