Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan receives the 'Directors Edition' treatment
After the release of Star Trek: The Motion Picture - The Directors Edition Paramount have continued their good work and have now announced the August 6th R1 DVD release of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - The Directors Edition. This 2-disc set carries an SRP of $24.99 and not only features a wealth of extra material but contains the expanded 116 minute version of the film as overseen by Director Nicholas Meyer and incorporates footage previously only seen on the ABC Television broadcast of the film. The only slight disappointment for the fans is the lack of any branching feature, which means the Theatrical Cut is not present in any shape or form on this release. On to the specs then...
- Contains the expanded 116-minute Directors Cut presented in Anamorphic Widescreen
- English DD5.1 and DD2.0 Surround Tracks
- French DD2.0 Stereo Track
- Audio Commentary with Director Nicholas Meyer
- Text commentary by Trek tech guru Michael Okuda
- The Captain's Log: All-new interviews with Meyer, stars William Shatner ("James T. Kirk"), Leonard Nimoy ("Spock"), Ricardo Montalban ("Khan Noonien Singh") and writer/executive producer Harve Bennett.
- Designing Khan: Features comparisons of Star Trek I and Star Trek II. Includes interviews with Meyer, Bennett, graphic designer Lee Cole, costume designer Robert Fletcher, production designer Joe Jennings, and more.
- The Visual Effects of "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan": Highlights the ILM visual effects designers.
- Original interviews from 1982: Featuring Shatner, Nimoy, Montalban and DeForest Kelley ("Leonard H. McCoy").
- The Star Trek Universe — A Novel Approach by Authors Julia Ecklar and Greg Cox: Interviews with Trek novelists Ecklar ("The Kobayashi Maru") and Cox ("The Eugenics Wars: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh").
Last updated: 19/04/2018 17:51:15