Spiderman, Blade 2, and Ice Age DVD Details!
The following information has come from a variety of sources, none of which are exactly official (Update: Blade 2 appears to be a legitimate source) but we have little reason to doubt the following is a close representation of what to expect from the DVD releases of these three recent blockbusters...
Spiderman DVD Release details, taken from this Home Theater Forum thread. The details are apparently direct from Columbia Tristar and are for the Region 4 release, although we expect similar specs worldwide.
- The Feature SPIDER-MAN.
- 1st Time Ever on DVD!!! Set top Prologue Comic Book: 4 video pages of pre-movie story (pages will prompt viewer to watch the film and reveal an untold Spidey tale). Check out the Marvel website for an example. Basically, it's an interactive comic book - you click on the frame and it pops up with animation and dialogue - very, very cool!
- Audio/Video Commentary. Sam Raimi, Willem Dafoe, Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst (with branching visual selects from film), Spider Sense "White Rabbit" - Spider-Man head comes on screen and 'tingles' - when clicked it allows the viewer to watch video of the audio commentary being created.
- Audio Commentary. Special Effects Manager John Dykstra and his Imageworks crew.
- Tobey Maguire Multiple Screen Tests. With intros by Tobey and Sam Raimi.
- Blooper Reel.
- Storyboard Process Workshop.
- Alternative Music Workshop for Opening Sequence.
- DVD ROM Content.
- 9 Featurettes that explore the making of Spider-Man.
- Spider-Man 101 Documentary. A comprehensive look at the history of Spider-Man. "The Loves of Peter Parker Featurette" - A look at all the women in his life throughout the years.
- A Conversation with Stan Lee. "An appreciation: What Spider-Man means to me." Hosted by comic legend Stan Lee with artists, writers and actors. Link out artist portfolios from this piece.
- The Art of Spider-Man. To include morphs of the Spider-Man and the Green Goblin comic book characters through time. Artists from Ditko to Romita Jr.
- Comic to Screen Comparisons (with Angles).
- Contest of Champions: Spider-Man Trivia Game.
- Animated Character Files: Rogue Gallery.
- Storyboard to Film Comparisons (with Angles).
- Easter Eggs
Blade 2 R1 DVD Release details from Comics2Film (thanks to DVDForums member Arch Stanton for the pointer) who say New Line Cinema will release the disc on 3rd September. Again we believe the R2/R4 discs will be near identical in terms of content...
- Commentary track with director Guillermo Del Toro and writer David Goyer
- Commentary track with producer Peter Frankfurt and Wesley Snipes
- Isolated score
- 16X9 Widescreen (1.85:1)
- Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound - English
- DTS surround sound - English
- Stereo surround sound - English
- English subtitles and closed captions
- Animated menus
- Production Workshop:
- Director's Notebook: Interactive reproduction of director's notes with an intro by Del Toro
- A Pact in Blood: Interactive collection of original documentaries -- various docs on production, story and other subjects
- Art gallery
- Original theatrical press kit
- Deleted/alternate scenes
- Blade II video game survival guide
- Music video: Cypress Hill and Roni Size "Child of the Wild West"
- Theatrical trailers
- DVD-ROM Content
- Original Website
- A Feature Commentary with the Director
- Blooper Reel
- "Scrats New Adventure" 3min Short
- HBO Special
- 3 Multi Angel segments
- 6 Short Features (1:30 each)
- Making of (25 min)
- 3 Trailers
- 3 specific scene commentaries
Last updated: 14/07/2018 16:40:25