E.T finally comes to R1 DVD but for 10 weeks only!
Universal will finally release Steven Spielbergs E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial to Region 1 DVD on October 22nd this year with one small catch, the DVD will only be available to buy for a 10-week period! Two sets are planned…
The E.T. Limited Collectors Edition that features the 2002 Theatrical Release in a 2-disc set will be available in both Widescreen and Full-Frame editions, each carrying a retail price of $22.95.
The E.T. Ultimate Collectors Giftset will feature the Original 1982 Theatrical Release in Widescreen, the 2002 Theatrical Release in widescreen, the same extras as the Limited Collectors Edition, a CD soundtrack, a script from the original feature and a collectible senitype, all for $69.98.
Those extra features in full...
- 20 Years Later with Steven Spielberg - A new exclusive intimate conversation with the Academy Award-winning director sharing his thoughts about the film and how E.T. changed his life. Fascinating personal insights from one of Hollywood's most acclaimed filmmakers
- John Williams Live Orchestra Segment - Composer and longtime Spielberg collaborator John Williams revisits the music of E.T. for the 2002 release. A rare exclusive look at the preparation, rehearsal and live performance conducted by John Williams at the 2002 premiere is featured, including a four-minute overture and light show.
- Isolated John Williams Live Music Score - Listen to the live performance of John Williams conducting the Oscar(-winning score with a 100-piece orchestra at the 2002 Shrine Auditorium Premiere in Los Angeles.
- Space Exploration - A high-tech 3-D interactive journey into space to learn about the planets in our solar system.
- The Evolution of E.T - A 50-minute experience that takes viewers from concept to screen, examining the development of the screenplay, casting, and production with never-before-scene footage shot in 1982.
- Reunion Featurette - Director Steven Spielberg, cast members Henry Thomas, Drew Barrymore, Robert McNaughton, Dee Wallace Stone, and Peter Coyote as well as film crew members reminisce about making E.T.
- E.T. Archives - An interactive environment to view hundreds of production photographs, conceptual drawings and the original advertising.
- E.T. Facts - Interact with E.T. to learn more about the lovable alien
- Help E.T. Find His Way Home - Help E.T. find his way home by negotiating through this interactive maze by answering questions about his days on Earth
- E.T. Read Along - Interactive storybook featuring E.T.
- Total Axess - Additional bonus footage, updated continuously and available only online
Expect the Widescreen editions of both Theatrical Versions to include Anamorphic Enhancement while the 2002 Theatrical Release is confirmed to feature Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS5.1 remixes.