Fox announce R2 Minority Report
Fox Home Entertainment
have just this minute announced the Region 2 DVD release of Spielberg’s latest sci-fi smash Minority Report for December 2nd 2002 with a £24.99 RRP. This is looking to be identical to the Region 1 release (details here), except of course we get it a few weeks early. Disc One contains the film presented in 2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen with English DD5.1 and DTS 5.1 audio while Disc Two contains the bulk of the special features...
Each featurette offers a rare look at Steven Spielberg commenting on virtually every aspect of the filmmaking process from the stunts, to designing the near future world, to the storyline that ignites a firestorm of debate. The insightful material is further fleshed out with commentary from the film’s talent, including several never-before-seen interviews with Tom Cruise, and many of its key filmmakers.
- Minority Report: From Story To Screen: Steven Spielberg recounts in vivid detail his approach to the film’s complex characters and storyline, and how the talented group of actors and filmmakers collaborated to bring this vision to life.
- Deconstructing Minority Report: Learn how Spielberg brought together a think tank of some of the world’s most renowned minds and how this elite group conceived the near-future world of Minority Report.
- The Stunts Of Minority Report: Keeping viewers on the edge of their seats, Minority Report features some of the most ambitious stunts ever put on film. Featuring behind-the-scenes footage of Tom Cruise, who performed many of his own stunts, this program reveals how the combination of physicality and animation brought the film’s gripping action sequences to the silver screen.
- ILM and Minority Report: See how the Academy Award®-winning team at Industrial Light and Magic (ILM) used countless visual effects shots to create a seamless representation of Spielberg’s vision.
- Final Report: An intimate conversation with Steven Spielberg and Tom Cruise discussing their working relationship and revealing how Minority Report’s complex storyline challenged the very way they thought about life and the near future.
- Minority Report Archives: A virtual gallery that includes nearly every preparatory element needed to bring the story to life; storyboard sequences that show the entire layout for the action–filled sequences; plus one of the most impressive selections of original illustrations and production stills ever taken on a set; production notes and bios.
From the Press Release...
London England, September 23rd, 2002 – Bringing together Academy Award®-winning director Steven Spielberg and international superstar Tom Cruise for the first time ever, Minority Report will be unleashed on video and DVD on Saturday 30th November, 2002. This summer’s box office smash hit will be available to own and rent on video and 2 disc DVD. With a current worldwide gross of $230 million and still counting, Minority Report is a story of truth, struggle and survival that will catapult you into a world of action and adventure, leaving you on the edge of your seat.
Given full access to the set from the first day of filming, the Minority Report DVD special features crew shot countless hours of behind-the-scenes footage for exclusive use in the bonus materials. The DVD offers the home viewing audience a rare look at the ins-and-outs of the filmmaking process on a production featuring seven Academy Award®-winning filmmakers. This double-disc DVD includes exclusive behind-the-scenes footage of Minority Report’s ground-breaking special effects, heart-pounding stunts and mind-blowing future world, in addition to never-before-seen interviews with Spielberg and Cruise.
One of the most critically acclaimed films of the year and the biggest Tom Cruise film in UK cinema history, Minority Report’s intense and edgy action is brought to life with 481 visual effects shots. To capture and visually convey the state-of-the-art technology employed to make this picture, the DVD bonus material was uniquely shot on today’s most advanced video format, High Definition Video. Heavily involved in the creation of this disc, Steven Spielberg oversaw even the most intricate details from approving final color of the film transfer to bringing in some of the special effects experts from the film to develop the disc’s distinctive menus that replicate a signature scene. Minority Report is available to own on DVD at (£24.99) and on VHS at (£16.99).
“Being on the set everyday with this incredible group of talent gave me a unique perspective on the making of this movie and we made every effort to impart that first-hand experience in the disc’s special features,” said Minority Report special features producer, Laurent Bouzereau.
“This DVD is more than just an extension of the movie – it was actually a part of the film’s production,” said overall DVD producer Mark Rowen. “Both Steven and film producer Bonnie Curtis were deeply involved in the look, feel and content of this DVD since before Minority Report began filming last spring.”