Ray in February
Universal Studios Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Ray for 1st February 2005. Jamie Foxx (Collateral) stars as the one-of-a-kind innovator of soul who overcame impossible odds to become a music legend. Ray is the triumphant and remarkable story of one of America’s true musical geniuses, Ray Charles.
Arriving in standard single-disc widescreen and full screen editions ($29.98 SRP each) there will also be a two-disc widescreen limited edition ($44.98 SRP). The film disc is identical on both versions, and includes the theatrical cut plus an extended version with over 25-minutes of additional footage not shown in cinemas.
Features on the standard edition/film disc of the 2-Disc set include:
- English and French DD5.1 Surround
- English, French and Spanish subtitles
- Audio Commentary with Director Taylor Hackford
- 14 Never-before-seen deleted scenes
- Complete uncut music performances from the film featuring Hit the Road Jack and What Kind of Man Are You
- "Stepping Into The Part" - On-set interviews, voiceover, and exclusive behind-the-scenes footage of Ray Charles and Jamie Foxx preparing Jamie for his incredible physical, mental and musical transformation into the character of Ray Charles
- Ray Remembered: Friends and fellow musicians remember Ray Charles
- A Look Inside Ray
- Theatrical Trailer
- Cast and Filmmakers
- More Uncut Musical Performances - Seven additional complete uncut musical performances of "Hallelujah, I Love Her So," "Leave My Woman Alone," "Night Time is the Right Time," "Unchain My Heart," "Mary Ann," "I Can't Stop Loving You," and "Hard Times"
- The Filmmakers' Journey: Producer Stuart Benjamin and Award-winning director Taylor Hackford reveal their 15-year journey to chronicles the life of the legendary Ray Charles
- The Women of Ray
- Ray: An American Story
- Special Packaging and 28-page Bonus Photo Journal
Last updated: 05/05/2018 00:23:21