Species III in December - Artwork added
MGM Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Species III for 7th December 2004 priced at $25.98. This straight to DVD release of the third instalment of the Species franchise will arrive in both R Rated (111mins) and Unrated (112mins) editions, each boasting the following features:
- Anamorphic Widescreen
- English DD5.1 Surround
- French Stereo Surround (Unrated Edition only)
- English, French and Spanish subtitles
- Audio commentary by Robert Dunne, director Brad Turner and writer Ben Ripley
- "Alien Odyssey: Evolution" behind-the-scenes featurette including interviews with Sunny Mabrey, Natasha Henstridge, Dunne, J.P. Pitoc, Robert Knepper, Turner and producers Frank Mancusco Jr. and David Dwiggins
- "Alien Odyssey: Species DNA" featurette - Production designer Cameron Birnie and Turner provide insight into the designs of each set featured in the film
- "Alien Odyssey: Alien Technology" featurette - Visual effects coordinator Greg Tippie and digital effects coordinator Dennis Berandi demonstrate how computer generated imagery and live-action are seamlessly blended for breathtaking action sequences
- "Alien Odyssey: Intelligent Lifeforms" featurette - Special FX artist and creature designer Rob Hinderstein dissects and explains the inspiration behind his alien concept from research and development to creation and execution
- Easter Egg - A hidden feature called "Split Personality"
- Behind-the-scenes photo gallery (45 stills)
- Original Trailer
Synopsis: In the ongoing fight for supremacy between mankind and human-alien hybrids, a fatal hybrid weakness gives humans the advantage...until now. When Sara (Sunny Mabrey), the daughter of Eve (Natasha Henstridge) is born, she grows into the most genetically perfect alien form yet. Seeking to repopulate the earth with her kind, this dangerously beautiful femme fatale has an overwhelming desire to mate while a crack military team trails her in an attempt to end the war between the two species forever.
Last updated: 19/04/2018 11:39:25