Donnie Darko Director's Cut - Confirmed Details and Menu Screens
Metrodome have announced their plans for a DVD release of Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut in the UK on 4 October. The new release will also include the original cut and all of the extras that accompanied the film on it's 2003 DVD release.
The information we were originally supplied with suggested that the original theatrical cut of the film and it's associated commentary tracks was present on this new release. However we now have a review copy in our hands and this isn't the case. The confirmed specs are as follows:
- Director's Cut of the film (running to 133 minutes) - 2.35:1, Anamorphic, DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1
- All new Director’s Cut specific commentary by Director Richard Kelly and Kevin Smith
- 20 Deleted & Extended Scenes with optional commentary by Richard Kelly
- Production diary (with commentary)
- B-Roll Footage
- Cast and Crew Interviews
- Cast and Crew Filmographies
- "They Made Me Do It" featurette
- "They Made Me Do It Too" featurette
- "They Made Me Do It" gallery
- Cunning Visions Infomercials
- Two Trailers
- Five TV Spots
- Mad World music video
This two disc set will retail for £19.99.
Previously information we had suggested the following was also included on the discs:
- Sundance Channel’s ‘Anatomy of a Scene’ documentary
- “The Cultural Impact of Donnie Darko in the UK” featurette
- "The Philosophy of Time Travel"
It may be that these are included as easter eggs that I haven't been able to locate, or that they are somewhere in the menus I haven't found - the first disc appears to just give access to the chapters, subtitles and soundtracks and there only appears to be four sub-categories on the second disc containing the extras I've confirmed.
A full review will be uploaded soon. In the mean time here are some menu captures...
Last updated: 19/04/2018 11:51:34