Friday the 13th Ultimate DVD Collection in October
Paramount Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Friday the 13th – From Crystal Lake To Manhattan, Ultimate Edition DVD Collection for 5th October 2004. The 5-disc set features the entire collection of Paramount’s eight Friday the 13th films, two-per-disc, plus a 5th disc that is dedicated to many hours of behind-the-scenes material on the history and folklore associated with the classic horror series, as well as theatrical trailers, new animated menus, commentary tracks and other FRIDAY THE 13th pleasures. No set retail price has been given, but the set is expected to come in at around $60.
Each film in the set will be the R Rated edition, presented in anamorphic widescreen with Mono audio (Parts 1 to 5), "Ultra-Stereo" audio (Parts 6 to 8) and DD5.1 Surround audio (Part 7). All five discs are sub-titled in English and Spanish.
Special features include:
- Cast commentary on Friday the 13th - Part 3 by author Peter Bracke and actors Larry Zerner, Paul Kratka, Dana Kimmell and Richard Brooker
- Commentary on Friday the 13th – Part VI: Jason Lives by director Tom McLouglin
- Commentary on Friday the 13th – Part VII: The New Blood by actor Kane Hodder and director John Carl Buechler
- Commentary on Friday the 13th – Part VIII: Jason takes Manhattan by director Rob Hedden
- A featurette “Tales From the Cutting Room,” in which exclusive deleted scenes and footage is revealed for the first time.
- An 8-part featurette “The Friday The 13th Chronicles,” which looks at the legacy of the films throughout their history, featuring cast and crew commenting on each film and why they appeal to audiences. Includes Adrienne King, Amy Steel, Corey Feldman, Kane Hodder, Lar Park Lincoln, Betsy Palmer, Tom Savini and directors Sean Cunningham, Tom McLoughlin, Rob Heddon, Joseph Zito and John Carl Buechler.
- A 3-part featurette “Secrets Galore Behind The Gore,” which looks at the work of master make-up effects designer Tom Savini in Part 1 and Part IV and John Carl Buechler in Part VII. Includes rare and never-before-seen footage, drawings and stills illustrating the make-up techniques used to create Jason and achieve elaborate death scenes.
- A featurette “Crystal Lake Victims Tell All!,” in which cast and crew from various films share amusing anecdotes. Includes Corey Feldman, Larry Zerner, Adrienne King, Amy Steel, Lar Park Lincoln and directors.
- A featurette “Friday Artifacts and Collectibles,” which looks at props and collectables from the films.
- The theatrical trailers from all 8 movies except Part VI, which is represented by the teaser trailer.