Tim Burton's Big Fish in April
Columbia Tristar Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Big Fish for 27th April 2004 with a retail price of $28.95. Director Tim Burton brings his inimitable imagination to a journey that delves deep into a fabled relationship between a dying father and his son who recreates his father’s elusive life through a series of legends and myths inspired by the few facts he knows, discovering both his father’s great feats and his great failings. Featuring an all-Star cast including Ewan McGregor, Albert Finney, Billy Crudup, Jessica Lange and co-starring Danny DeVito, Helena Bonham Carter and Steve Buscemi, on DVD you can expect the following features...
- Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
- English DD5.1 Surround
- French DD2.0 Surround
- English and French subtitles
- Audio Commentary with Tim Burton
- Seven featurettes, which can be accessed via stand-alone on a menu page or from a branching featurette within the film:
- Four Filmmaker’s Path Featurettes:
- Tim Burton: Storyteller: A look at the director’s process with great b-roll moments and insights form Tim Burton.
- A Fairytale World: Tim Burton and cast discuss the importance of myths and fairytales in today’s world.
- Creature Features: the magic of Stan Winston studios will be explored in this featurette – from the jumping spiders to lions and snakes and hellhounds.
- The Author’s Journey: Daniel Wallace’s story from page to screen.
- Three Character Journey Featurettes
- Edward Bloom at Large: Allows viewer to take a look at the larger-than-life world of Edward Bloom
- Amos at the Circus: Danny DeVito takes viewers through the Calloway Circus
- Fathers and Sons: Examines the father and son dynamic that was such a key part of the film.
- The Finer Points – A Tim Burton Trivia Quiz: interactive trivia game