Last House On The Left from Anchor Bay
Anchor Bay UK have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of Wes Craven's Last House on the Left. Due on the 26th May 2003 the film will sadly not be presented fully uncut, though you will be treated to a 2-disc Special Edition set that includes an alternate cut of the film amongst the extensive bonus material...
- Widescreen Presentation Enhanced for 16x9 TVs
- Audio Commentary with Writer and Director Wes Craven and Producer Sean S. Cunningham
- Second Audio Commentary with Stars David Hess, Marc Sheffler and Fred Lincoln
- Celluloid Crime of the Century: 49 minute featurette with Wes Craven, Sean S. Cunningham, David Hess, Jeramie Rain, Fred Lincoln, Martin Kove and Marc Sheffler
- Scoring Last House: featurette with David Hess (12 mins)
- Krug Conquers England: documentary charting the theatrical tour of the UK which included the first ever legal screening of Last House on the Left
- Twenty minutes of Outtakes and Dailies
- U.S. Theatrical Trailer
- German Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- Poster & Stills Gallery
- Talent bios
- Night of Vengeance: Excerpts from early shooting script
- Tales That Will Tear Your Heart Out: Exclusive first release of early unfinished Wes Craven short starring David Hess
- Sex, Lies and Videotape: Essay on Blue Underground¹s fight to get the movie passed without cuts
- Krug and Company: the extremely rare alternate cut of "The Last House On The Left" presented on DVD for the first time ever
24-page collector's booklet; poster and stills gallery
- Optional English subtitles for the hard of hearing
From the Press Release...
Banned in the UK for almost 30 years, Wes Craven's notorious shocker THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT is finally being released as a special two-disc edition DVD by Anchor Bay UK. Loaded with a host of exclusive extra features, some of which have never been seen before on DVD anywhere in the world, this Anchor Bay UK edition of THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT represents a landmark release of a milestone in horror cinema history.
Based on Ingmar Bergman's highly acclaimed The Virgin Spring, THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT tells the terrifying story of two teenage girls, Mari and Phyllis, headed up to the city to celebrate Mari's 17th birthday at concert by the band, Bloodlust. While trying to score some marijuana prior to the show, the pair are drugged, beaten and kidnapped by a group of escaped convicts and taken into the woods where their horrific ordeal ends in rape and murder. When the criminals coincidentally, but unknowingly, take refuge at the nearby house of one of their victims, the girl's parents discover the gruesome fate of their daughter and seek to exact their revenge.
Produced by Sean S. Cunningham (Friday The 13; Spring Break; House; Jason X) and marking the cinematic directorial debut of horror master Wes Craven (Scream; The People Under the Stairs; A Nightmare On Elm Street; The Hills Have Eyes), THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT is a bold, powerful and shockingly realistic journey into the heart of evil. The film features a chilling performance (and soundtrack score!) by the inimitable David Hess (The House On The Edge Of The Park; Hitch Hike; Swamp Thing) as the gang's psychotic leader, and is also notable for being future film director Steve Miner's (Lake Placid; Halloween H20; Forever Young; Warlock; Soul Man; House; Friday The 13th Part 3; Friday The 13th Part 2) first foray into feature films, here earning credits as Assistant Producer, Production Assistant, Assistant Editor and Title Designer!